Beers and Hill Victorious at 2023 Hell of the South

News bot

On 1/24/2023 at 1:23 PM, W@nted said:

edited

Actually over the last year or so Jan has come back from some pretty severe injuries, some of which will involve serious dental work. It’s something he’s been incredibly conscious of as well and it’s taking a damn long process to overcome.

He reads the forums and various race reports from time to time. So as much as it may not be intended maliciously and you okes are trying to funny. Understand it’s on an open forum, be lekker.

Edited by Danger Dassie

11 hours ago, OVERDRIVE said:

Maxxis: 

image.jpeg.22855ddbf70a77cc2ae1a542c5a878e3.jpeg

No not Maxxis. Aspen. 

Ardent Race would be the right tyre for Attakwas. 

39 minutes ago, ajnkzn said:

No not Maxxis. Aspen. 

Don’t worry, that photo wasn't even taken at Atta. The @OVERDRIVE broken record just won't let a chance slip to bash Maxxis. Especially without  context. 

1 hour ago, ajnkzn said:

No not Maxxis. Aspen. 

I ride with Aspen's, I have ridden them over just about every terrain and have not had a days issue with them over the last 3000 odd kms I have done on them. 

Interesting - what pressure do you run?

No personal experience with them I’ll be honest, but there’s a lack of knobs to protect the casing for really rocky stuff it seems 🧐

Would ride them here in KZN but the Cape rocky tracks are hectic

4 hours ago, Danger Dassie said:

Actually over the last year or so Jan has come back from some pretty severe injuries, some of which will involve serious dental work. It’s something he’s been incredibly conscious of as well and it’s taking a damn long process to overcome.

He reads the forums and various race reports from time to time. So as much as it may not be intended maliciously and you okes are trying to funny. Understand it’s on an open forum, be lekker.

Agreed, definitely not maliciously intended. 

Jan is an absolute machine on and off the bike and I am aware of his crashes etc. I love his in depth race reports and feedback.

32 minutes ago, ajnkzn said:

Interesting - what pressure do you run?

No personal experience with them I’ll be honest, but there’s a lack of knobs to protect the casing for really rocky stuff it seems 🧐

Would ride them here in KZN but the Cape rocky tracks are hectic

I run 1.2 bar front and 1.3/4 on rear depending on conditions, I have even gone as low as 1 bar on the front and 1.2 rear.

I must say they are definitely not great in mud, but what I learnt is do not fight it, they do find grip eventually. On more technical descents they can also leave you with a few clench moments as they don't stop the best but the grip on the side is very decent, you just need to learn to trust that they will grip and trust in your abilities as well.