Hot Feet 🦶

ttona33

9 minutes ago, Lance Stephenson said:

@ttona33I bet that if you look at your cleat position that they are very far forward and under your toes.  This is the most common reason for HOT FOOT, the pressure under your toes is pinching the nerves and starts with "heat" sensation and turns into pain.

Cheap fix, move the cleat backward towards the heal (as far as it can go) remember that shoes have 4 cleat bolt holes, you want the cleat in the furthers back holes.  This will effectively relieved the pressure and increase comfort.  It will also increase foot stability whilst pedalling.

I did this and it helped with my Morton's neuroma i suffer with on my left foot small toe area - But you will have to make small adjustments to your saddle height and for/aft position - also make sure your foot doesn't touch your wheel when at the 3 o clock position and you turning - I have long feet

iv had the same problem, cycle till its gets unconfutable and then stop and start moving your cleats back bit by bit till you happy. or as Lance suggests.

1 hour ago, CraigCCW said:

Defintely shoe fit, I had the same issue, even developed a Morton's Neuroma in my one foot becasue of it. 

I tried moving cleats, bike fit, etc, but only once I got a bigger shoe did the problem go away. I'm a 10 in a normal shoe, cycling shoe I wear an 11, even and 11.5.

Your feet swell when riding, and then create pressure, which then casues the "hot foot syndrome' which is essentially pressure on the nerve.

Go one size up, and if you have wide feet like I do then try find wide fitting shoes, or ones with more compliancy.

Tried everything so far. Different sets of pedals, three different pairs of shoes, bike fit. 

Short of spending thousands more on a podiatrist I just gave up and went back to flats. 

30 minutes and the numb toes and pain starts. Not worth it. I don’t need the extra little bit of performance clipless offers.