MORNE

• Replies 321
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

9 hours ago, babse said:

Wonder if the WP road race is still going ahead? 👀

Can't see a reason why not. It's not as if they're riding over treacherous rocks with wheels smoothed by slippery mud making grip some form of lewd fantasy. Unless this is how they perceive tar. :whistling:

So for context, we tried to play golf at Devonvale this morning.

It was bucketing down, wind was fresh, everything was flooded and it did not really let up.

It would have destroyed bikes, bodies and trails tiding what would have been flowing rivers.

Tough call but ultimately not the wrong one. 

We managed 9 holes before we packed it in, had breakfast and came home

3 hours ago, Jewbacca said:

It was bucketing down, wind was fresh, everything was flooded and it did not really let up.

It would have destroyed bikes, bodies and trails tiding what would have been flowing rivers.

Yes. Tweed blazers and leather bags also don't like excess water.😁

I am glad it was postponed. Much better for the trails and trailbuilders, and now I can participate in the postponed event. Only stopped raining now. 

We were riding at Banhoek yesterday and it started raining on and off towards the end of the ride. Those smooth, fast trails started to feel a bit like ice! Was wondering what Jonkers would be like today. Guess we have the answer 🤣

As mentioned earlier I'm kind of happy as it means I can look at entering now.

My Enduro entry went to watching a cancelled Darkfest 😭

11 hours ago, Jewbacca said:

I'd be going triple bogey on the par-5 19th hole in weather like we had here this weekend if I'd played.

Edited by Robbie Stewart

3 hours ago, Graham S said:

My Enduro entry went to watching a cancelled Darkfest

I was guessing as much. I drove to Durbanville from Sunningdale yesterday  and the wind was howling and the rain was coming down in sheets. I was thinking this weekend was a dead duck for both events. No surprises when it was announced.

13 hours ago, Graham S said:

We were riding at Banhoek yesterday and it started raining on and off towards the end of the ride. Those smooth, fast trails started to feel a bit like ice! Was wondering what Jonkers would be like today. Guess we have the answer 🤣

As mentioned earlier I'm kind of happy as it means I can look at entering now.

My Enduro entry went to watching a cancelled Darkfest 😭

Its unfortunate but all 2 occasions I've travelled from PE to come watch Darkfest the weather never plays part...

18 minutes ago, Sprockets said:

Its unfortunate but all 2 occasions I've travelled from PE to come watch Darkfest the weather never plays part...

What a pity!

While we were riding at Banhoek we kept looking over at Hellsend to see if anything was happening yet. Nothing yet, so we just continued with our ride and checking across the valley now and then. At around 10am or so we packed up and headed to Darkfest.

Quite a lot of people hanging around waiting for some action. We walked the entire course, marvelling at how massive the jumps were. 

2 SA riders did some jumps for the crowd which were pretty damn amazing! Sam Reynolds did one run down drop in and called it quits. AFter he dropped in we called it a day and head home. Pity as it was my first DarkFest so was really hoping to see some action and meet the riders I've been watching on Youtube. 

Guess we wait till next year! 

I was hoping they would make it this weekend! 28 May will also have rain most likely, but I will be there come rain or shine.

36 minutes ago, Meezo said:

Let me get through witfontein riding this weekend 

WHAUT????!!!! Again? without me?