MTB Routes Bonnievale & Ashton Area

MalcolmP

Hope someone can guide me regarding to MTB trails in the area - I am familiar with Van Loverin - but wanting to see what else there is in as we are spending a weekend in the area soon - we will be staying at BonFrutti . I have heard of the Langeberg Meander and Pofadder but cannot find any maps / details on these , any help would be appreciatted  . Even gravel routes in the area of BonFrutti would be great , not looking for any technical stuff. Thanks . 

Morning Malcolm,

You don't list how far you want to ride... Many gravel options in the area, starting with the road going to Bonnievale, just between Greenlands and Bonfrutti. You can then head towards Swellies on Swellendam Rd, just outside of Bonnievale (will take a bit of tar to get there). A lot of gravel options going down South. You can also just drive/ride to Swellies to ride the trails here (noted you don't want too technical).

Some of the gravel options:

image.png.bf2787d1d425628581c11d0500f324ef.png

Hi Roul 

Many thanks for the pointer s , much appreciated , would be looking at rides of around 30 / 40 km

The Pofadder start is near the Langverwacht Wynmakery on the R317. Free to ride, very nice single-track and some testing sections.

Pofadder Route.JPG

Pofadder Entrance.JPG

On 1/30/2023 at 5:05 PM, MalcolmP said:

Hope someone can guide me regarding to MTB trails in the area - I am familiar with Van Loverin - but wanting to see what else there is in as we are spending a weekend in the area soon - we will be staying at BonFrutti . I have heard of the Langeberg Meander and Pofadder but cannot find any maps / details on these , any help would be appreciatted  . Even gravel routes in the area of BonFrutti would be great , not looking for any technical stuff. Thanks . 

https://bicyclesouth.co.za/listings/rooiberg-breederiver-conservancy-mtb-trail/ but beyond robertson

otherwise some trails might be available in mcgregor

Speak to the owners of BonFruti, they gave us access to their farm to ride our bikes when we stayed there.  Granted these were all gravel roads on the farm, still some nice routes into the koppies.

Bit of a drive - OPPOSITE Rooiberg Kelder (Worcester side of Robertson), there are dedicated MTB trails.  Francois and Tertia are your hosts on these trails, family of our late Cois.  Some VERY NICE accomodation here as well.

@Reinet Marais kan jy dalk hul kontak besonderhede hier post.

2 hours ago, ChrisF said:

Speak to the owners of BonFruti, they gave us access to their farm to ride our bikes when we stayed there.  Granted these were all gravel roads on the farm, still some nice routes into the koppies.

Bit of a drive - OPPOSITE Rooiberg Kelder (Worcester side of Robertson), there are dedicated MTB trails.  Francois and Tertia are your hosts on these trails, family of our late Cois.  Some VERY NICE accomodation here as well.

@Reinet Marais kan jy dalk hul kontak besonderhede hier post.

Hi,

Please see below link to their website:

https://www.roamrooiberg.co.za/

You can also contact them directly at:

0823433135 (Tertia) or 0824468764 (Jacques)  

Feel free to ask as many questions as you would like to 🙂.

Thanks a great deal for all the guidance , some really great options here ! Looking forward to my weekend away there