How many crashes does it take . . . ?

Robbie Stewart

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I skimmed through this and sort of kept up with the thread, thought you were riding XC and putting yourself into the Discovery 5 Star. Was going to suggest maybe finding a different hobby haha

Thats some height on a camber eish, also looking at the picture, you seem on the heavier side of the fence, going to make falls that much worse.

My personal opinion and i can't speak much for DH riding, but i definitely found the get off's a lot easier at 70Kg than 100+ KG when i did motocross, which makes sense with physics and all that stuff.

Edited by Pandatron

4 minutes ago, TyronLab said:

Then you need to accept that there will inevitably be more of this:

Best Mtb Crash GIFs | Gfycat

And less of this:

Tour de Haßberge – Where tinnitus and indulgence meet | GRAN FONDO Cycling  Magazine

Did I choose bearded, floral-wearing gravel bikers drinking chardonnay on purpose? Yes, yes of course I did.

I prefer mine in a dark, full-bodied red hue with notes of blackberries, dark chocolate and cedar. 🍷

14 minutes ago, Pandatron said:

Thats some height on a camber eish, also looking at the picture, you seem on the heavier side of the fence, going to make falls that much worse.

This is true, but back in 2017 when I bought the Camber, it was generally speaking one of a few bikes available at the time to allow me to be as much of a hooligan on it as I have been.

I can honestly say that in the last 6 years of owning that bike I have had very few issues with it apart from killing the stock Roval rims it came specced with. After upgrading to some more robust wheels (rapide 29-36) I have had no issues other than normal maintenance. For what I am asking that 120mm trail bike to do I am blown away by its ability.

This leads me to believe the hype about "better bikes" is sometimes just that, hype. It's the rider, not the bike in my estimation.

Agreed, when I bought mine early 2016 there wasn't much else available like it and I loved it right up  to selling it July last year. However, bike geometry have moved on and these days something racy like an Epic has similar geo.

Clearly you're not afraid, but something as capable as a Status (or my Slash) will safely dance down sections that pushes a Camber to its limits.