MTB routes around Bloemfontein

Kerchak

Hi all

In Bloem the weekend of the 19th. Looking for suggestions for a long MTB ride (district roads +/- 100km) out and back to Bloemfontein.  

Petrusburg, Dealesville, Edenburg of iets in daai rigting.  Winkel langs die pad om n coke te koop sal nice wees. 

Dankie

Phone some of the local shops. 

I can recommend you speak to Hannes at Cyclotech and see what he recommends. They might even have a ride you can join.

You could do Brandfort and back, though that might be closer to 130-140km, depending on where you start.

Agree, phone Cyclotech/Specialized or Cycleworld.

@Vetseun Any suggestions?

13 minutes ago, Kerchak said:

Hi all

In Bloem the weekend of the 19th. Looking for suggestions for a long MTB ride (district roads +/- 100km) out and back to Bloemfontein.  

Petrusburg, Dealesville, Edenburg of iets in daai rigting.  Winkel langs die pad om n coke te koop sal nice wees. 

Dankie

You can ride on the Edenburg gravel road. Pull in at Tom Place and eat a naked burger. You will eat it again on the way back. You can do up to 180km. Brandfort is about 140km odd. Im healing from a crash atm but if I am sorted by then, would be lekker to do a ride with you.

15 hours ago, burger 555 said:

If you feel like shorter, more trail riding then have a look at happy valley, brandkop, 7 damme, tempe and woodland hills

Man I miss those trails. Especially Happy Valley and 7 Dams. 

I remember helping the building of the first DH trail and jump lines across the road back in the days where FSMBA and Free State Mounties still ran the provincial series. 

The good old days of 5" and 6" travel DH bikes. 

1 hour ago, Steady Spin said:

Man I miss those trails. Especially Happy Valley and 7 Dams. 

I remember helping the building of the first DH trail and jump lines across the road back in the days where FSMBA and Free State Mounties still ran the provincial series. 

The good old days of 5" and 6" travel DH bikes. 

Those trails are still just as fun. Way more lines in happy valley.