[Event] The Gallows

The Gallows

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

48 minutes ago, Bub Marley said:

What about the terrain itself? Was the gravel bike the best option on the day or was it a bit technical?

I would have wanted to swop for a proper Gravel bike setup yes. 

As someone who looked deep into his soul at Lords and came up empty (ie didn't do the final climb) I really enjoyed the race loop.

Race pack was really good (nice non pick n pay water bottle, musette, bottle of wine, neck tube in gravel-brown, etc, etc) and aid stations were really well stocked (though some salt to dunk the potatoes in might have saved a few legs in the latter stages). 

I like underbiking, so my opinion is somewhat biased, but there was never a section where I felt underbiked on my gravel bike. Maybe with slicker or thinner tyres I might have, but for the most part it was nice to have the singletrack sections to give a change of scenery from miles of smooth gravel.  With that said, 75km/h downhill on a gravel road with a tailwind is another kind of rush 😁

On 6/4/2023 at 6:34 PM, SEANSTEP said:

Anyone know where to find the official race results?

Any news on this?

Hi All

Were do I find the results? 

Technical...it wasn't technical at all in my opinion. Its also depends on your skill level, but there was enough room to move or pass except for the hosepipe part, that was proper sheep track width but less than a km long. The odd river crossing was no biggy. 

10 hours ago, KK said:

Any news on this?

I'm still in the dark. Organizers sent me a message yesterday saying they were still busy...

• 3 months later...
On 9/29/2023 at 1:48 PM, rolypolly said:

Anyone got any idea the dates for this event for 2024?

Same weekend for the past 2 editions so I reckon the 3rd Round will most likely be on the 1st June

• 3 months later...

If this is a CSA race…why is gravel not listed as an official discipline on the website? Come on.. it’s 2024.