Lauf fork

Edrich1234

15 minutes ago, PhilipV said:

Potentially that fork is worth 7k, but in reality you might struggle to sell it at all. 

It's market is very narrow. Basically it's suitable for mtbers who want to put a leaf spring on their mtb to make a gravel bike. but it won't work for gravel bikes. So your market is limited. 

If the selling price on the look is equivalent to the value of the frame and part minus the lauff, then it's worth it, but I'll be honest, that lauff is a deal breaker for me. 

This and the length of the steerer also limits your potential buyer base.

It’s actually a really nice frame. A real pity about the fork situation otherwise it’d be well worth the money in my opinion.But yeah, if you’re planning on doing proper mtb trails then that fork won’t work. Lots of hate for the lauf but I actually think it looks cool. Never ridden one though but I think they’re meant for gravel type stuff so non-technical.

I am curious though why you want to get rid of dual suspension for a hardtail? Are you planning on riding less technical stuff because if that’s the case then the look with that fork can actually work.

6 minutes ago, Bub Marley said:

It’s actually a really nice frame. A real pity about the fork situation otherwise it’d be well worth the money in my opinion.But yeah, if you’re planning on doing proper mtb trails then that fork won’t work. Lots of hate for the lauf but I actually think it looks cool. Never ridden one though but I think they’re meant for gravel type stuff so non-technical.

I am curious though why you want to get rid of dual suspension for a hardtail? Are you planning on riding less technical stuff because if that’s the case then the look with that fork can actually work.

Do you know where John Vorster berg is? We ride in that moutain. I don't know if that fork would work there.

You chaps are too generous on the lauf. If you scratch around you'll find them wanting for around 3k to 4k max. 

Askhole... thats the best chirp Ive heard all month! 🤣🤣

I don't know what to say really, first you need to decide what it is you going to ride is it technical or gravel? For what you describe now (today) just keep the Bianchi ... 

In my humble opinion that is Screenshot_20230329-095427_Chrome.jpg.2648669de4dec87a05de179e0d1a8b4a.jpg

Screenshot_20230329_095606.jpg.9099b84b47f82f97d9cac62a6ecd2f07.jpg

I say let the OP buy that HT and the fork. Having a look at his previous posts, it seems taking advice is not part of the curriculum. 

Lets call it school fees

Again.... trying to scratch and itch that doesn't exist. 

"I ride gravel"
"I ride technical" 

Make up your mind and seriously.... the askhole label is starting to apply more and more. 

1 minute ago, 117 said:

I say let the OP buy that HT and the fork. Having a look at his previous posts, it seems taking advice is not part of the curriculum. 

Lets call it school fees

New post coming. 

"How can I improve the handling of a hardtail on technical trails" 

14 hours ago, Edrich1234 said:

Read the whole conversation. I said I am viewing the bike tomorrow not buying it.

You insinuated that you are pretty much buying it by starting this thread...

3 hours ago, RobertWhitehead said:

You know what I have learnt about the youuuuf of today? They ask for advise to get confirmation that whatever they wanted to do prior to asking for advise is what they're going to do 😁

Not all of us, just this special young man who has read over 50 comments telling him not to buy it, then deciding to buy it anyway.

I hate to say it dude, but few things irritate people more then when you waste their time asking their opinion, and then you just flat out argue with it and ignore it.