Lauf fork

Edrich1234

I'm curious, what would a second hand  gravel Lauf fork cost? I have one and would like to sell it. It's specifically made for a gravel bike.

16 minutes ago, Shebeen said:

So you bought the bike!

Almost. Hopeing to go tomorrow for a quick look. I'm riding quite technical with a bit of gravel so wanna sell the lauf fork for a decent fox fork.

3 hours ago, Edrich1234 said:

I'm curious, what would a second hand  gravel Lauf fork cost? I have one and would like to sell it. It's specifically made for a gravel bike.

Hey man, I mean it's your money not ours, so I kinda wander what the point of asking if you should buy the bike was, when most people said no, but you bought it anyway.

Also the issue with the Lauf fork is selling it with this currently terrible market. It may be worth  decent amount to the right person - but finding them is the problem. There is a reason I have only seen 2 of them in my life - and I work at a bikeshop.

So if you are relying on the money from selling the lauf to buy another fork, unfortunately you will most likely have to be prepared to wait - and probably contribute something on top of what you get, in order to pickup a halfway decent fork.

9 minutes ago, MTBRIDER1234 said:

Hey man, I mean it's your money not ours, so I kinda wander what the point of asking if you should buy the bike was, when most people said no, but you bought it anyway.

Also the issue with the Lauf fork is selling it with this currently terrible market. It may be worth  decent amount to the right person - but finding them is the problem. There is a reason I have only seen 2 of them in my life - and I work at a bikeshop.

So if you are relying on the money from selling the lauf to buy another fork, unfortunately you will most likely have to be prepared to wait - and probably contribute something on top of what you get, in order to pickup a halfway decent fork.

Read the whole conversation. I said I am viewing the bike tomorrow not buying it.

I like that LOOK hardtail frame. The fork is interesting enough. Whish they made it Clydesdale rated. Not a bad fork for commuter/light gravel. 

2 hours ago, Edrich1234 said:

Read the whole conversation. I said I am viewing the bike tomorrow not buying it.

I read again. You said in first post you have a lauf and want to sell!?

Anyway if you still viewing, don't buy hoping to flog the lauf. As mentioned above, it may take a while or you get a lot less than you imagined. 

Buy something that's fit for purpose. 

11 hours ago, Edrich1234 said:

Are you talking about the Look MTb for sale? That’s a discontinued Lauf MTB fork not their gravel fork. Worth? Probs R7 to R8k. They ride really well on gravel but are absolutely terrible forks for actual mountain biking. 

11 hours ago, Edrich1234 said:

I'm curious, what would a second hand  gravel Lauf fork cost? I have one and would like to sell it. It's specifically made for a gravel bike.👀

The Lauf on the Look bike looks like a mtb version. I once tried to fit a 29er Lauf on a gravel frame, but it was unrideable due to the excessive slag angle. 

Lauf makes a gravel bike specific fork. - the one on the Look bike you are viewing is not gravel bike specific.

9 hours ago, Edrich1234 said:

The first post of this thread says you have a lauf fork for sale. 

Like mentioned, you might struggle to sell it. So be prepared to sit with it for a while.

6 minutes ago, RobertWhitehead said:

You know what I have learnt about the youuuuf of today? They ask for advise to get confirmation that whatever they wanted to do prior to asking for advise is what they're going to do 😁

its called an askhole

Askhole Definition Sticker

Potentially that fork is worth 7k, but in reality you might struggle to sell it at all. 

It's market is very narrow. Basically it's suitable for mtbers who want to put a leaf spring on their mtb to make a gravel bike. but it won't work for gravel bikes. So your market is limited. 

If the selling price on the look is equivalent to the value of the frame and part minus the lauff, then it's worth it, but I'll be honest, that lauff is a deal breaker for me.