What's it worth ?

madmarc

I'm busy clearing out the bike collection and amongst them is this TREK 9.8 full carbon 26er hard tail, built up with all the parts i upgraded on my 29er

SRAM GXP cranks

1 X 10

XO Type 2 RD

XO brakes

XL Frame

American Classic wheels - tubeless

Rockshox Reba fork with remote lockoutĀ 

Bike is in really good condition - few chips and scratches from the trails

What would be a fair asking price ?

31d52e03-9ce2-4772-b75f-cd83d56ad795.JPG

16 minutes ago, madmarc said:

I'm busy clearing out the bike collection and amongst them is this TREK 9.8 full carbon 26er hard tail, built up with all the parts i upgraded on my 29er

SRAM GXP cranks

1 X 10

XO Type 2 RD

XO brakes

XL Frame

I would say give all the info, probably 9-10k

My opinion: you won't be able to get what it is worth solely because of the wheel size. XL 26ers don't have a big market anymore, if you're tall, then 29er is almost a no brainer.

Anything above an entry level 29er will be too much for the buyer. I mean a GT avalanche 29er with a 2x10 & Shimano brakes goes for around R5500-R6000 second hand. The Revels struggle to fetch R4500-R5000.

Yes, I agree, it is worth more but the moment the argument about wheel size comes into the mix everyone will tell the buyer to go with the 29er and upgrade over time. I would gooi it onto the classifieds for like R6-6500 but again "in my opinion" expect to sell it around the R3500-R4000 mark

If you have everything ready that you're looking to offload you're welcome to drop me a DM and I will give you some honest values and even look at making you an offer.Ā 

49 minutes ago, RobertWhitehead said:

My opinion: you won't be able to get what it is worth solely because of the wheel size. XL 26ers don't have a big market anymore, if you're tall, then 29er is almost a no brainer.

Anything above an entry level 29er will be too much for the buyer. I mean a GT avalanche 29er with a 2x10 & Shimano brakes goes for around R5500-R6000 second hand. The Revels struggle to fetch R4500-R5000.

Yes, I agree, it is worth more but the moment the argument about wheel size comes into the mix everyone will tell the buyer to go with the 29er and upgrade over time. I would gooi it onto the classifieds for like R6-6500 but again "in my opinion" expect to sell it around the R3500-R4000 mark

If you have everything ready that you're looking to offload you're welcome to drop me a DM and I will give you some honest values and even look at making you an offer.Ā 

Listen to this guyĀ 

Ā 

Ā 

Chances are he'll also ensure it goes onto someone who will really get good use out of itĀ 

1 hour ago, RobertWhitehead said:

I find it amazing that second hand bikes get so little in general but have good components. But then youook at new stuff with.... Parts like microshift and sunrace. And it's 30k+ the second hand market doesn't relate to the new market price.Ā 

8 hours ago, madmarc said:

SRAM GXP cranks

1 X 10

XO Type 2 RD

XO brakes

XL Frame

Bloodie nice bike !Ā 

Ā 

Parts wise about R13k

As is probably not more than 6/8k

Ā 

But market is a bit stragled at the moment....

That looks like it could be a very useful ride. I am curious, what does it weigh?

Ā 

8 hours ago, madmarc said:

Thanks for the feedback

In my mind I was sitting between 5.5 & 6.5 K

Also maybe thinking of stripping it and selling off as partsĀ Ā 

Thats the way to go . I had a Monson 27.5' fully kitted with SLX Shimano and was trying to sell for R5k . Eventually stripped it down and sold everything separately and pocketed R9500 with a few items left over to sell later .Ā Ā 

On 4/17/2023 at 5:38 PM, i24 said:

That looks like it could be a very useful ride. I am curious, what does it weigh?

Ā 

10.55 kg

27 minutes ago, madmarc said:

I see it sold yesterday

Good show, that's quite impressive to see it sell quickly. Maybe I can start building 26ers againĀ