Opinion on swift evil twin carbon

BradGraham

Hi all,

Still new to cycling and wanted some feedback on the swift evil twin carbon?

Will be my first duel suspension and am on a budget , any feedback would be appreciated .

Thanks

It’s a great bike, a racy XC machine. The build quality was great on Swift MTBs (they don’t make them anymore). My daughter has the hard tail version (D-Vore). 

Fun facts, if you didn't know:

D-Vore is short for Detritovore, which translates as "dirt eater"

The Evil Twin has the words "Boze Dubble-ganger" on it, which translates as Evil Twin.

Never knew this but see that Swift was started by Mark Blewitt (former SA road cyclist) in colab with Patrick Morewood (who worked on the suspension design)

3 hours ago, FondTF2 said:

Never knew this but see that Swift was started by Mark Blewitt (former SA road cyclist) in colab with Patrick Morewood (who worked on the suspension design)

Think that it more likely would’ve been Mark Hopkins from cSixx, who used to be Pat‘s partner. Mark carried on design consulting for a period with the new owners of Swift. 
Pat worked in colab with Victor Momsen on the Momsen Vipa. 

14 hours ago, BradGraham said:

Hi all,

Still new to cycling and wanted some feedback on the swift evil twin carbon?

Will be my first duel suspension and am on a budget , any feedback would be appreciated .

Thanks

Without knowing the condition of the bike you’re looking at. It’s still a great race bike, if you’re looking at something more than capable of multi day events and XC. You should more than happy.

1 minute ago, Danger Dassie said:

Without knowing the condition of the bike you’re looking at. It’s still a great race bike, if you’re looking at something more than capable of multi day events and XC. You should more than happy.

The one I'm looking at is in mint condition, has the fox rear shock , just looking at it for keeping fit and doing mainly road but also enjoy the odd trail ride .

Thank you for your input 

It's a very twitchy, purpose built race bike. So road/gravel slogs it will be awesome. If you are not as skilled on the tech stuff, it will be 'less' comfortable than a slacker bike, but still capable of getting down. 

Those older Epics and 'steep' marathon bikes are very efficient pedallers, but aren't hugely confidence inspiring on the tech stuff if you aren't already capable. 

It is a fantastic piece of kit though as far as that era bike

I have one and (admittedly I don't ride it very much as I'm doing a lot of gravel riding these days) it's a great bike.

Not ideal for throwing yourself down enduro runs or anything steep but excellent at standard MTB rides/races or long slogs on gravel roads.

2 hours ago, KingZA said:

I have one and (admittedly I don't ride it very much as I'm doing a lot of gravel riding these days) it's a great bike.

Not ideal for throwing yourself down enduro runs or anything steep but excellent at standard MTB rides/races or long slogs on gravel roads.

SHOW US THE VIDEO!

4 hours ago, Danger Dassie said:

Think that it more likely would’ve been Mark Hopkins from cSixx, who used to be Pat‘s partner. Mark carried on design consulting for a period with the new owners of Swift. 
Pat worked in colab with Victor Momsen on the Momsen Vipa. 

No, it was definitely Mark Blewett. He and some mates broke the Cairo to Cape Town cycling record on Swift road bikes a few years ago to promote the brand. 

https://www.bikeradar.com/features/routes-and-rides/the-fastest-human-powered-crossing-of-africa-is-done-and-dusted/

1 hour ago, dasilvarsa said:

I would get something more recent.

The Geometry has improved a lot since 2017.

Looking Forward !!!!!!

sometimes "improved" is confused with "changed"...😉