Stainless Steel Suspension pivot bearings

69ER

Hi - does anyone know where I can source SS bearings for suspension joints? The most common one I have to replace regularly being the 6802-2RS - it seems no matter how I dry the bike out afterwards, water will make its way past the seals and rust up the bearing. So I want to try SS bearings instead....It is available through numerous outlets abroad - just thought I'd try local first....

image.png.8bc9a1f03b9e08a4abfd6ea4a3dd7c4c.png

Make sure you use a Max (full complement bearing) as a pivot bearing doesnt rotate but mostly goes back and forth. Doing the above mentioned will prolong the life but you can use a hose pipe, just on low pressure. Also clean and regrease the bearing and the pivots regularly depending on how often you ride. I have had my pivot bearings in for 2 years now....

12 hours ago, 69ER said:

Hi - does anyone know where I can source SS bearings for suspension joints? The most common one I have to replace regularly being the 6802-2RS - it seems no matter how I dry the bike out afterwards, water will make its way past the seals and rust up the bearing. So I want to try SS bearings instead....It is available through numerous outlets abroad - just thought I'd try local first....

image.png.8bc9a1f03b9e08a4abfd6ea4a3dd7c4c.png

Not sure where you ride or how much but maybe try and wash your bike less? My bike has 14 bearings in the rear swing arm and I've only had to replace 4 in the last 5 years. That is due in part to the external seals built into the suspension bearing covers under the bolts.  Some bikes don't have these I think and that may be why yours are getting water ingress. 

If you're using a pressure washer on your bike, that may be the issue. It's the same reason one should avoid pressure washers in car engine bays etc. - they push water past seals with exactly these consequences.

Pressure washers aren't the issue. Aiming them at hubs, bb's, bearings, headset etc is the problem. 

On 5/2/2023 at 1:37 PM, Steady Spin said:

Pressure washers aren't the issue. Aiming them at hubs, bb's, bearings, headset etc is the problem. 

Same thing different colour wrong angle....