Will I sell/buy on The Hub

Dirty Twin

Have bought two items on both occasions never met the seller, one from CT other from JHB and all went well.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Have sold & bought and have had no problems!!

People will always remember the bad and not the good' date=' that's just the way it is!!!
[/quote']

It's not that we remember the bad it's just that we never get told about the good deals. I suppose we can go and browse through the classifieds to see who can be trusted.

However everytime a deal goes south then the dirty laundry gets hung out for everybody to see and it is in your face.

The one thread went on for 40 something pages and this latest one is already on 8 pages i think.

So forgive me for asking the question but heck it is in our faces when it does go wrong.

All I am saying is let us know who it is cool to do business with as there are a couple of things that come along that I would really like to lay my hands on like those AM Classics that were advertised the other day at about 2/3rds of the price at the shop sounded to good to be true so did not even try and for all I know the dude is probably legit but nowhere to check it out without offending the person.

If we had a rating system then no one gets offended except for the rogues.
Dirty Twin2008-07-16 03:57:09

Subsequently there have been 2 or three more similar kind of deals on this forum.

And thousands of deals that went great....

I sold without hassle, and my buyer was extremely happy!

What if the guy is a first time seller? No way to know' date=' so you'll still have to take some chances.[/quote']

OMG Shocked You mean the interwebs is not some sanitised utopia? You mean you can't just check your brain at the door and be 100% trusting of faceless nameless strangers? I am stunned!

What if the guy is a first time seller? No way to know' date=' so you'll still have to take some chances.[/quote']

Agreed

But at least now I can see that a lot of good deals do happen here as everyone is telling me so.

Thanks for all the repliesBig%20smileBig%20smileBig%20smileBig%20smileBig%20smileClearly there are a lot of good folks on "THE HUB"Thumbs%20Up

OMG Shocked You mean the interwebs is not some sanitised utopia? You mean you can't just check your brain at the door and be 100% trusting of faceless nameless strangers? I am stunned!

I'm serious! It is a jungle out there Wink

What with global warming and deforestation, if you wait a bit you'll have nothing to worry about.

Have done a number of of buys, sells and the odd give away over my time on the Hub. Have only had one occasion that I waited a looong time for payment due to financial difficulty for the hubber concerned. I eventually received payment, no harm no foul.

As with all things, exercise common sense, ask questions, read threads regarding less successful transactions. Over time you build up knowledge of who to deal with and who to avoid.

A rating system such as proposed is not a bad idea, however you will need very clear, objective measurement criteria
wolverine2008-07-16 04:23:56

What with global warming and deforestation, if you wait a bit you'll have nothing to worry about.

Er...ummm... I think you got a point LOL

Done deals no problem - a very high percentage of deals done were safe - majority of hubbers are honnest

Lots of sales and also bought a couple of things.

No issues. 

But most of the deals was with Hubbers I have met personally and I know where they live.  LOL

And they know where I live. 

With time, you learn who to trust on the Hub. The Hubbers are quick to point out those people who have supplied faulty stuff or have failed to pay on time. 

I bought a road bike from Great White, deal done with no fuss. Cash handed over & bike collected ....... but I still dunno why I bought a roadbike!!

I'm pretty sure 99% of people here are honest (like you and me) and there will always be someone who knows him/her.

All my transactions have been great, no problems. The last transaction was the frame for Bernard Kapp fund. Angel wanted to pay upfront, due to these problems you speak about. My problem was that she might not like the frame then I would have to refund. Wolverine collected, no monies changed hands, Angel received it and then transfered part monies to BK fund and part to me.

The point is that there are people here that will go far out of their way to help and never ever do you in. There are always a few exceptions.

I know I might get burned one day. When I purchase, I want to pay first and when I sell, I want to send first and make sure the person is happy !!