Trek announces all-new Supercaliber

News bot

Trek have launched a completely redesigned version of their XC weapon, the Supercaliber. First introduced in 2019, Trek have used the lessons learned from four years in the market to amplify the Supercaliber’s speed and capability by reducing weight, increasing suspension travel and revising the geometry. Here’s what’s new in a nutshell: Suspension travel increases: […]

View full article

Donder...... at R 220k I am way out of ever getting a new bike.

Would anyone ever ride that offroad or in the mud as they were originally meant to be ridden.? I think not so much....

Edited by Dicky DQ

15 minutes ago, Dicky DQ said:

Donder...... at R 220k I am way out of ever getting a new bike.

Would anyone ever ride that offroad or in the mud as they were originally meant to be ridden.? I think not so much....

There is a R85k carbon model in case you missed that detail...
Supercaliber SL 9.6 – R85 000.00 – Arrival Early October 2023

Top end bikes from many brands have been in R200k territory for a good number of years now. 

We should see many of them (Trek and others) on the course in the Glasgow XCC and XCO.
And probably a good few on a trail near you soon. 

Edit: Whether R220k or R85k it's a chunk of change, no arguing there. It's just hardly a new phenomenon and always interesting that folks pick out the extreme end of the scale. 

17 minutes ago, Matt said:

There is a R85k carbon model in case you missed that detail...
Supercaliber SL 9.6 – R85 000.00 – Arrival Early October 2023

Top end bikes from many brands have been in R200k territory for a good number of years now. 

We should see many of them (Trek and others) on the course in the Glasgow XCC and XCO.
And probably a good few on a trail near you soon. 

Edit: Whether R220k or R85k it's a chunk of change, no arguing there. It's just hardly a new phenomenon and always interesting that folks pick out the extreme end of the scale. 

I saw that, but how is that any different? Hopefully the foolish rich will also stop paying these stupid prices and pricing will come back to where it should be. But as long as enough people are prepared to pay stupid prices it will continue.

Any way. I have got to sort out two of my staff that have just been held to ransom. At least the protesters don't hold live as very valuable. they managed to get away by paying R3k

I really like how all these top brands always boast the "faster than ever before" bikes.  At this rate, with every year the bike being "faster than ever before" one should really start to compete with the "E" versions, but I guess they also keep on improving and being "faster than ever before".

Think I should get one of them, just to improve all my BP's on Strava, as I will be "faster than ever before".

I always thought the reason I do not get many BP's anymore is because me legs are not what they used to be, seems that my bikes are just "slower than ever before", and my legs are still awesome🤣

#really

1 hour ago, Jono said:

Looks like they copied the new epic

I was gonna say. Follow spez, this will be their new weapon in 2 years!

15 hours ago, Matt said:

And how big a chunk of change it is depends on your perspective.

Chatting to the guys at the bike shop yesterday whilst picking up my bike, I remarked that I'd like to one day changed the hybrid hydraulic brakes on my giant to full hydraulics. The one guys is like, "it wont cost much", proceeds to pull up pricing on his pc and then "its only about 10k"

Well 10k is only slightly less than I paid for the bike, might as well sell and buy something new. To which I get the reply, "you should go full carbon with electronic shifting"

47 minutes ago, Dexter-morgan said:

I think Trek was first with this design, Super caliber has been out for a few years now, this is just the Gen 2

You lying on the beach with the sun on your screen or did you miss the italics 😂😂???

30 minutes ago, LazyTrailRider said:

Looks like a Session?

Pinkbike called, they'd like their comment back 😄