Power meter rentals

Rastas

Does anybody do power meter rentals in the ramdburg area? I can't afford to buy one but just need to rent/borrow one to do some dual recordings to verify my Kickr and numbers on Zwift. Any ideas?

1 hour ago, Rastas said:

Does anybody do power meter rentals in the ramdburg area? I can't afford to buy one but just need to rent/borrow one to do some dual recordings to verify my Kickr and numbers on Zwift. Any ideas?

There is another forum that speaks into this -> 

The form is rather old, but from my knowledge, and judging by some of the responses, I don't think there are options available.

You could also consider a more budget-friendly option: https://sigeyi.co.za/. While I haven't used this brand myself, I have heard good things about it from people using it in my cycling group. 

1 hour ago, Rastas said:

Any ideas?

Get a mate with a power meter to do a ride on your indoor setup at a few different power levels and dual record that for your tests.

I explored the concept of rental power meters but decided against it because people don’t look after equipment that isn’t theirs. A rental PM will likely be sufficiently abused to render itself useless as a calibration or even verification tool.