[Event] Old Mutual Wealth Double Century

Abby.F

Event Name: Old Mutual Wealth Double Century
When: 25/11/2023
Where: Cooper Street, SwellendamSwellendam, Western Cape
Category: Road

The Old Mutual Wealth Double Century is a 202km team time trial, starting and finishing in historic Swellendam in the Western Cape, each November. It attracts nearly 3 000 riders from around South Africa, and beyond, for a long weekend of riding, and maybe a little kuiering. 

Teams can be a minimum of six to a maximum of 12 riders; male, female or mixed. A full 12-rider finish qualifies for the Charles Milner Medal, which honours one of the event’s founders and the encouragement he always brought to his teams to finish as a group, no matter the obstacles thrown up on the day; 202km of riding, ‘differences of opinion’, major mountain passes, varying fitness and ability levels and four seasons in one day make the Old Mutual Wealth Double Century a true test of endurance, cementing its place on every cyclist’s bucket list.

Go to Event Page.

• 1 month later...

Now that the 1tonner is done and dusted, let's get the Gees going for DC 2023.

Always a great weekend 

Hi everyone!

I am Claire from Canada and just arrived in Cape Town.

Perhaps it may be too late to sign up for the DC 2023 but if by chance a team is missing a rider, I would love to join!
I have done triathlon competitions in the past (amateur/Landesliga-level in Hamburg), some bike races (Cyclassics 160 km) and during the pandemic enjoyed long rides of 280 - 320 km either solo or drafting in a group. Feel free to contact me if you want to know more about my level. Thanks!

Strava: Claire-Anne David

Simple question ...

(and yes, i am too lazy to google!)

A recent thread here on the hub were discussion timing chip and companies etc., does anyone know how timing for DC is going to work and what each team member needs?

1 hour ago, Bub Marley said:

Yes. You going to get the same disposable one they’ve been handing out at recent events which mount on your seatpost.

Thanks for the reply BM, i assume it will be in our racepacks and were included in entry fee?

4 minutes ago, BMCfan said:

Thanks for the reply BM, i assume it will be in our racepacks and were included in entry fee?

At most events it is an additional R20, each.

Normally in the race pack.

Make sure you get a "rubber adaptor" for mounting it to the seatpost.  This should also be in the racepack.

2 hours ago, BMCfan said:

Included in entry fee yes. 

On 11/9/2023 at 9:54 AM, Claire David said:

Hi everyone!

I am Claire from Canada and just arrived in Cape Town.

Perhaps it may be too late to sign up for the DC 2023 but if by chance a team is missing a rider, I would love to join!
I have done triathlon competitions in the past (amateur/Landesliga-level in Hamburg), some bike races (Cyclassics 160 km) and during the pandemic enjoyed long rides of 280 - 320 km either solo or drafting in a group. Feel free to contact me if you want to know more about my level. Thanks!

Strava: Claire-Anne David

Check the Old Mutual Wealth Double Century Strava club for teams needing a rider or 2.