The 2023 Stanford 100 Miler: Join the Hunt for Adventure!

News bot

Calling all gravel bike enthusiasts! We are thrilled to announce that entries for the highly anticipated Stanford 100 Miler are officially open. Get ready to embark on a thrilling adventure at the Stanford 100 Miler, the ultimate gravel bike hunt. This exciting event will take place on 9 December 2023, inviting discerning gravel bike riders to saddle up and join the challenge of a lifetime. WIN an Entry to the Stanford 100 Miler Drop your email address HERE to subscribe to recieve updates from Bike Hub and the Stanford 100 Miler. You’ll be entered into a lucky draw to win […]

View full article

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
27 minutes ago, etienne_jordaan said:

What is the process for substitutions?

maybe ask them who won the competition. don't seem to have announced it here so there's a chance they'll give it to you!

13 hours ago, etienne_jordaan said:

What is the process for substitutions?

Entries are closed, and there are no substitutions unfortunately. It's best to contact the organisers directly for the most accurate and up to date info 😊

56 minutes ago, Kylie said:

Entries are closed, and there are no substitutions unfortunately. It's best to contact the organisers directly for the most accurate and up to date info 😊

How to contact them...no details on Entry site

2 minutes ago, capediver said:

How to contact them...no details on Entry site

Are you on IG or Facebook?

If so, you can DM them on either platform... or both?

On 12/6/2023 at 9:06 AM, Kylie said:

there are no substitutions unfortunately

That's a recipe for riders illegally riding under someone else's entry...
Better to charge a substitution admin fee and keep things above board IMO.

1 hour ago, bleedToWin said:

That's a recipe for riders illegally riding under someone else's entry...
Better to charge a substitution admin fee and keep things above board IMO.

That's also a recipe for people even less inclined to enter (early), next time around...

My second Stanford 100 miler.

Lovely and tough route with a bit of everything. Wide district gravel, a smattering of tar, sketchy jeep track descent, rocky farm road, patches of unrideable sand, a big climb and plenty of short sharp kickers.

The gap between wp2 and wp3 is way too long for mid Packers even on a relatively cool day like it was. In the heat it would be horrific. As the race goes and attracts more average and slower riders this will need to be changed.

WP when I eventually wobbled into it was fantastically staffed. Laid back music, artistically placed mannequin hands reaching for cherries and jelly snakes.... Suntan cream (super thoughtful)..... I just think it's a 4 water point route for us slow pokes. Even a JoJo with water in it between WP 2 and 3 would have been lekker.

On a personal note I was pleased with my 21kmph average.... 45mm Pirelli cinturato (m) and a dropper post on my  ALU checkpoint made me very happy!

I'll do it again for sure, I think it's my favourite 100 miler.

Was entered for the 100 and downgraded to the 50 miler using a DC legs excuse. Also saw the distance between WP2/3 and thought I would have to carry a 3rd bottle or pack potentially.

The 50miler was also rollers for days which I enjoyed, WPs were 20km apart and we stopped at each one. Well stocked with friendly peeps and I personally enjoyed the gummies. I was on an alu Momsen with 40s and had to choose my line every now and then, but hey that's gravel for you.

The vibe at the finish was lekker with a good variety of pizza being served and the rosette was a nice touch. Yes I'll gladly be back.