Ritte Esprit - Wheels Poll

Furbz

Ritte Esprit - Wheels Poll  

28 members have voted

1. 1. Which combination of wheels is the best?

• Ritte Esprit - ENVE SES 4.5
    • Ritte Esprit - ENVE SES 3.4 AR
    • Ritte Esprit - ZIPP 454 NSW
    • Ritte Esprit - ZIPP 353 NSW

I'd go for the 454 just because visually they are the sexietst wheels alive.  Love them.
Practically.  The hubs are BEYOND **** in my opinion and they are super expensive.
353 same hubs but less money (Still priced at that of the GDP of Zim) but super light.  
Also........places like the Cape will be more stable riding the 353 profile.

I was never a fan of the Enve wheels as the different rim depts. front and back bugs my OCD.  
The Enve also depends on what hubs you build in them? 

But.
The 454 will be my choice.  If I could get a good deal on a set, I'd buy them today.  

Edited by Spinnekop

@Furbzthe Zipp 353 NSW received my vote.

As always, your bikes is next level with beautiful execution! 

To be honest did not sleep last night thinking of your January package to me that is the ultimate bicycle....no wait what about No.22😉

13 hours ago, nick_the_wheelbuilder said:

I'll be the chop voting "none of the above".

A custom wheelset with DT Swiss 240 or 180 hubs and some custom rims will be better quality, lighter and cheaper.

What rims would you propose ?

On 10/21/2023 at 11:41 AM, splat said:

What rims would you propose ?

If you're spending $4000 on wheels, you're unlikely to be fazed by the warranty - lifetime or not.

For half the money you can get wheels every bit as light, fast and sexy.
With hubs that are actually good :)

I'd pair a set of DT Swiss 240S hubs with some Nextie (or any other premium quality aftermarket rims) using Sapim CX-Ray or Pillar PSR Xtra1420 spokes and quality nipples.

Matt UD rims with matt or glossy black graphics like the Zipps will look great. Or get them with some chameleon chrome stickers to match the bike :) 

Or spend the same money as a set of 454's and get an aero 60mm set and a 30mm climbing set.

Some 45mm deep Nexties on DT350's I built recently.

DSC_0622.jpg

11 hours ago, nick_the_wheelbuilder said:

If you're spending $4000 on wheels, you're unlikely to be fazed by the warranty - lifetime or not.

For half the money you can get wheels every bit as light, fast and sexy.
With hubs that are actually good :)

I'd pair a set of DT Swiss 240S hubs with some Nextie (or any other premium quality aftermarket rims) using Sapim CX-Ray or Pillar PSR Xtra1420 spokes and quality nipples.

Matt UD rims with matt or glossy black graphics like the Zipps will look great. Or get them with some chameleon chrome stickers to match the bike :) 

Or spend the same money as a set of 454's and get an aero 60mm set and a 30mm climbing set.

Some 45mm deep Nexties on DT350's I built recently.

DSC_0622.jpg

Where are you based?

Maybe drop a set of wheels off and I’ll add them in on the next bike poll?

Edited by Furbz

2 hours ago, Furbz said:

Where are you based?

Maybe drop a set of wheels off and I’ll add them in on the next bike poll?

I'm in Wilderness, near George.

That would be so cool, but I don't keep stock. I only build wheels that I'm commissioned to build by paying customers.

So i am going to keep this poll open indefinitely to see how things progress - i fell others might want to vote later down the line when they see other bikes and the options.

i'm going to add a new bike each Monday for 5 weeks. then sometime before everyone goes away for Dec we can do a vote on "the best of the best"