GCN+ Closing

WIPEOUT 1000

10 minutes ago, The Ouzo said:

used to use exodus, now using something else that I cant recall the name of, will give Diggz a shot

Exodus addon, became Covenant or there was a branch-off Exodus, which I don't think are supported by the Dev's much.  Homelander, Scrubs and Crew are the more popular to look for series and movies

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

5 minutes ago, shaper said:

Exodus addon, became Covenant or there was a branch-off Exodus, which I don't think are supported by the Dev's much.  Homelander, Scrubs and Crew are the more popular to look for series and movies

ah yes, Crew is the one I'm using right now.

25 minutes ago, pedal menace said:

Except SA....well they do mention The Monopoly (Supersport) 🤮

Perhaps if Max launches and covers all the races similar to GCN AND they allow my SA card - I will consider a subscription. 

I liked the simplicity that was GCN+

@shaper helped onboard Kodi when I purchased a RPi back in the day. Reading this subsequent replies, I might give it go again, given that I have Kodi loaded on my Android box.

If Max is available, then I'll have a look there.

Otherwise I'm inviting myself over to a few mates, for de Ronde, Paris-Roubaix and a few other classics.  Haven't missed de Ronde and PR since it was available to watch in SA.

1 hour ago, Frosty said:

I liked the simplicity that was GCN+

@shaper helped onboard Kodi when I purchased a RPi back in the day. Reading this subsequent replies, I might give it go again, given that I have Kodi loaded on my Android box.

If Max is available, then I'll have a look there.

Otherwise I'm inviting myself over to a few mates, for de Ronde, Paris-Roubaix and a few other classics.  Haven't missed de Ronde and PR since it was available to watch in SA.

A lot of android boxes will have kodi pre installed, so you will just need to install a build into kodi.

Just check what version of kodi first as I would recommend updating to 20.2. I have not tried 20.3 yet which was released recently, so am not sure how stable it is

5 hours ago, shaper said:

A lot of android boxes will have kodi pre installed, so you will just need to install a build into kodi.

Just check what version of kodi first as I would recommend updating to 20.2. I have not tried 20.3 yet which was released recently, so am not sure how stable it is

We only use Kodi as a media player for the videos on the NAS driver. Will check on the weekend, and see what I can get done.

edit: it shows 20.3 on the start up screen.

Edited by Frosty

10 hours ago, Frosty said:

We only use Kodi as a media player for the videos on the NAS driver. Will check on the weekend, and see what I can get done.

edit: it shows 20.3 on the start up screen.

If they are already pushing the update to media players then 20.3 should be stable. Will update one on my boxes this weekend and see.

Try loading the Doomzday Aspire Build on Kodi, https://seo-michael.co.uk/how-to-install-doomzday-wizard-kodi/

Edited by shaper

I twiddled with Kodi yesterday on a Windoze notebook, but was unable to find anything that may aid cycling streaming - the Kodi build I got didn't provide Eurosport.

Perhaps someone who's done this can share some help for us helpless ones?

1 hour ago, lechatnoir said:

I twiddled with Kodi yesterday on a Windoze notebook, but was unable to find anything that may aid cycling streaming - the Kodi build I got didn't provide Eurosport.

Perhaps someone who's done this can share some help for us helpless ones?

Which build did you install and does that build say it has the sports addons? You can also search to see if any of the sports addons on this list are on your build then you should find Eurosport https://www.wirelesshack.org/top-sports-addons-for-kodi.html

Alternativey try the Doomzday Aspire build I linked above.  Then you should be able to scroll to Sports 1 & 2 and find Eurosport directly else look under Daddylive Sports or any of the Sports TV  addons where you can find Eurosport.  Cycling is also on Astrosports and sometimes Fox Sport, as alternatives.

There are many Utube videos on setting up kodi and even Facebook groups discussing which builds and where best to find which channels you specifically want.

2 hours ago, shaper said:

If they are already pushing the update to media players then 20.3 should be stable. Will update one on my boxes this weekend and see.

Try loading the Doomzday Aspire Build on Kodi, https://seo-michael.co.uk/how-to-install-doomzday-wizard-kodi/

Installed last night. It took a very long time. Also seems very sluggish, but it may still be doing its thing in the background because of the fresh install.

I didnt play to much because 3/4 of the way through the install the wife came through to watch TV, so I got it to the point where we could stream one of the series we've been watching and left it at that. Will play some more tonight.

22 hours ago, The Ouzo said:

Installed last night. It took a very long time. Also seems very sluggish, but it may still be doing its thing in the background because of the fresh install.

I didnt play to much because 3/4 of the way through the install the wife came through to watch TV, so I got it to the point where we could stream one of the series we've been watching and left it at that. Will play some more tonight.

Played a little with it last night, changed the skin to the Kodi look which I prefer.

Also found how to stream live TV, watch a few minutes of Formula E.

Still has a bit of lag here and there.

On 1/20/2024 at 1:25 PM, shaper said:

Tried kodi v20.3, find it slow when navigating and a bit buggy. I have reverted to v20.1

i also tried on both my phone and mibox, and could get the aspire build you were referring to. i didn't take a long time to look much into will do when the time is right.

On 1/20/2024 at 1:25 PM, shaper said:

Tried kodi v20.3, find it slow when navigating and a bit buggy. I have reverted to v20.1

With Aspire installed v20.3 (I think thats the version I've got) is very buggy, crashes often.

6 minutes ago, The Ouzo said:

With Aspire installed v20.3 (I think thats the version I've got) is very buggy, crashes often.

Also found the same, that is why I went back and re-installed to a more stable version of 20.1 for Kodi

Has iptv been mentioned on this thread yet? I don’t use it so can’t really provide much information, but from what I understand it could be the solution to this problem. Give it a google.