GCN+ Closing

WIPEOUT 1000

I think I got it! I see Eurosport 1 & 2 - Whoop whoop!!!!!! It is only SD (not sure if it streams in HD - I did select the HD channel) I assume this is where cycling will be shown? 

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

8 minutes ago, pedal menace said:

image.png.d19744063e251818502d79020a6c80f4.png

scroll up on to Fox/ESPN, then start scrolling right to BTSport, the orange arrow after shows there are more to scroll to off screen, then when on Eurosport, hit ok/enter and should bring up the channels.  This week only 2 have been working though of the 4 shown.

You might also find cycling in the Supersports shown in the middle of your screen ;)

Edit: spend some time just scrolling around and seeing what is available, where things are etc, there are many screens and what they call the tiles (widgets)

It's a hacked feed, so maybe in SD, maybe in HD. At least you get to see cycling!

Edited by shaper

Any updates on a new service to watch the road season.  Had a look earlier and can’t see Strade Bianche on the DSTV schedule for this weekend.  Looks like there is an Australian service, SBS, that will be streaming the race.  Still have an active VPN and will give that a try.  Really miss GCN+

I am missing the consolidated location where you can open and see all the current events and choose what race you want to watch and, boom there you go. Often I just opened the app and started to watch a race I did not know was on, it was fun watching the races all over the world. Now you have to first know what race you want to watch, then find the provider who is broadcasting that race and then hope you can watch it with the right app and VPN and some internet dance so it does not buffer.

I miss GCN+ it had it issues but it was simple  to the point and worked.

It’s Classic’s season, so follow the posts on the Classics page. I’m sharing the Sporza link (with VPN, putting you in Belgium) for each one day race, as it appears on their site. Flemish commentators, if you have half an ear for die taal, otherwise the pictures are adequate. And it’s free.

In the meanwhile, here’s the Race Calendar from PCS, excluding the two 8-day stage races in France and Italy.

IMG_2986.png.9684e3428fa1af06b597ce3786dbbb4e.png

anyone using flobikes ? it seems wherever I put my VPN at it's still georestricted..

On 3/4/2024 at 5:15 PM, pedal menace said:

Got the whole Kodi/Aspire thing sorted. Works perfectly and currently watching Eurosport 2. Free! 

image.png.bd6ba9e0a336554ce7cdbc1526d723c1.png

What device are you running this on? Would I be able to run it on my Apple TV?

On 3/4/2024 at 3:15 PM, pedal menace said:

Got the whole Kodi/Aspire thing sorted. Works perfectly and currently watching Eurosport 2. Free! 

image.png.bd6ba9e0a336554ce7cdbc1526d723c1.png

I failed with Kodi, so your winning at it is getting me motivated to try again.

Would you mind sharing the procedure you used to get this right?

From android phone 

From xbox 

From pc

The procedure was the same. To get an understanding of what needs to be done note

Kodi is a media player , the add on you acts as a "streamer" or application on the media player. This is referred to as the build. Various builds have various add on as well. 

High level 

- Install Kodi on your device

- Go into settings and allow unknown source/devices (to be able to be installed)

- Download a build 

- Search this build and install

- Add the add on in this build

- Restart Kodi and off you go

Friend of mine in Germany kindly provisioned a virtual card on Revolut to buy an annual subscription to Discovery+. There is literally only cycling worth watching but it works - even though the app is in German. The commentary is in English. Everything works well over VPN.  I would say better than the GCN app ever did. 

IMG_5717.png.f9aa804b65bdfd163a082db794413f45.png

13 hours ago, lechatnoir said:

I failed with Kodi, so your winning at it is getting me motivated to try again.

Would you mind sharing the procedure you used to get this right?

Following these instructions step by step worked 99.99999% for me. The screenshots also match what I see on screen.

https://seo-michael.co.uk/how-to-install-doomzday-wizard-kodi/

The last step when selecting the Doomzday build. I selected the Big Kev Doomzday option.

The Eurosport option didn’t work, but StupidSport did load. I also find it incredibly slow to load the channel, so will only use this as my backup if Sporza doesn’t work, eg. De Ronde and Paris Roubaix weren’t live prior to GCN+ starting up.