GCN+ Closing

WIPEOUT 1000

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The circle of (cycling) life; would hope to avoid a return to 2006-2018.
Wasted +/-R120k in that time period on StupidSport and the repeat channels, and the repeat channels.

image.png.6a8f557b7d7ff050ecc6ebc686f23b2b.png

1 minute ago, Frosty said:

The circle of (cycling) life; would hope to avoid a return to 2006-2018.
Wasted +/-R120k in that time period on StupidSport and the repeat channels, and the repeat channels.

image.png.6a8f557b7d7ff050ecc6ebc686f23b2b.png

So well summarized!!! Is there no way your bank (i.e Investec) can make your credit card (or virtual card) look like a UK card so you can subscribe to Discovery Plus 😞 😞 ...Anyone has a VPN for credit cards...LOL!!! 

1 minute ago, pedal menace said:

So well summarized!!! Is there no way your bank (i.e Investec) can make your credit card (or virtual card) look like a UK card so you can subscribe to Discovery Plus 😞 😞 ...Anyone has a VPN for credit cards...LOL!!! 

no family member that can assist?

4 minutes ago, The Ouzo said:

for the most part, you sometimes still get CAM content (mostly on very new only just released or yet to be released stuff though). 

And then on not very popular or some older stuff when there are very few providers, the quality is not that great.

Real Debrid movies will always be good quality, if you do straight search from Kodi using one of the scrapers, then yes you can get CAM on yet to be released movies (to be expected).  Generally when they are released not long after the quality will be good and there are plenty of scrapers/providers if you set it up right.

"And then on not very popular....." clearly you have not used Kodi in a long time.  I often watch what is in Theatres at the moment, and do so via a firestick and projector.

Kodi is free, so has it's limitations but often movies are 1080 sometimes 720, occasionally 4k.  If you want 4k every time, then you will have to pay Netflix, Discovery+, Prime+ etc. Decide what you are prepared to pay for or sacrifice.

My initial comment was that Kodi is an option if you want to watch cycling, and other sports in one place..... use it don't use it..

9 minutes ago, Meezo said:

I tried one month with Eurosport; paid by my brother in the UK. That was before GCN+ came onboard. I’m a bit weary with the rumours that Eurosport might go the same way, with WB involved.

11 minutes ago, Meezo said:

Sorry..no. have friends there but asking them to subscribe for me per month leaves me somewhat uncomfortable. Even if I pay them back. All the above Kodi stuff seems like you need an IT degree to set up (which I have...so will give it a check perhaps). I am just a bit of a snob when it comes to quality. GCN had 1080P - and I had smooth streaming even with VPN. Is the Kodi route for cycling 1080P? 

3 minutes ago, Frosty said:

I tried one month with Eurosport; paid by my brother in the UK. That was before GCN+ came onboard. I’m a bit weary with the rumours that Eurosport might go the same way, with WB involved.

WB will start cycling streaming in Feb I think..but might only be US based and only certain events. 

7 minutes ago, shaper said:

Real Debrid movies will always be good quality, if you do straight search from Kodi using one of the scrapers, then yes you can get CAM on yet to be released movies (to be expected).  Generally when they are released not long after the quality will be good and there are plenty of scrapers/providers if you set it up right.

"And then on not very popular....." clearly you have not used Kodi in a long time.  I often watch what is in Theatres at the moment, and do so via a firestick and projector.

Kodi is free, so has it's limitations but often movies are 1080 sometimes 720, occasionally 4k.  If you want 4k every time, then you will have to pay Netflix, Discovery+, Prime+ etc. Decide what you are prepared to pay for or sacrifice.

My initial comment was that Kodi is an option if you want to watch cycling, and other sports in one place..... use it don't use it..

Actually I use kodi daily, have been using it for many years. But perhaps its not setup optimally.

Some unpopular shows (I'm talking more TV Series than movies) wont have any RD streams and the streams that are available are not great quality.

I was unable to watch Lost via Kodi as it simply would not scrape the correct show, had to use BEETV.

Not looking for 4k quality, for most of my viewing even 720p is sufficient.

Currently using Kodi on Android TV, but before that I was using it on a MacBook Pro plugged into the TV. 

But like I said, maybe its not setup optimally, but I dont spend enough time infront of the TV to sit and fiddle with it.

I will however try Diggz

1 minute ago, The Ouzo said:

Actually I use kodi daily, have been using it for many years. But perhaps its not setup optimally.

Some unpopular shows (I'm talking more TV Series than movies) wont have any RD streams and the streams that are available are not great quality.

I was unable to watch Lost via Kodi as it simply would not scrape the correct show, had to use BEETV.

Not looking for 4k quality, for most of my viewing even 720p is sufficient.

Currently using Kodi on Android TV, but before that I was using it on a MacBook Pro plugged into the TV. 

But like I said, maybe its not setup optimally, but I dont spend enough time infront of the TV to sit and fiddle with it.

I will however try Diggz

Cool, I watch pretty much all series that I enjoy, currently watching Reacher, 3/4 of the way through at the moment and waiting for next episode which usually gets loaded a day or 2 after it has been released on TV.  

If you don't like Diggz, there many other builds that can be tried. process for installing is the same for all.  I often google best current build https://troypoint.com/best-kodi-builds/ and these are frequently updated with instructions on how to install.

11 minutes ago, pedal menace said:

Sorry..no. have friends there but asking them to subscribe for me per month leaves me somewhat uncomfortable. Even if I pay them back. All the above Kodi stuff seems like you need an IT degree to set up (which I have...so will give it a check perhaps). I am just a bit of a snob when it comes to quality. GCN had 1080P - and I had smooth streaming even with VPN. Is the Kodi route for cycling 1080P? 

Eurosport on kodi broadcast feed with GCN (same group Discovery+), so quality was whatever GCN broadcast at.

5 minutes ago, shaper said:

Cool, I watch pretty much all series that I enjoy, currently watching Reacher, 3/4 of the way through at the moment and waiting for next episode which usually gets loaded a day or 2 after it has been released on TV.  

If you don't like Diggz, there many other builds that can be tried. process for installing is the same for all.  I often google best current build https://troypoint.com/best-kodi-builds/ and these are frequently updated with instructions on how to install.

used to use exodus, now using something else that I cant recall the name of, will give Diggz a shot

4 minutes ago, shaper said:

Eurosport on kodi broadcast feed with GCN (same group Discovery+), so quality was whatever GCN broadcast at.

And watching Eurosport via Kodi is free?