2023 Festive 500

The Ouzo

4 minutes ago, The Ouzo said:

From Boksburg. Second time I've done it.

You've got to get the timing right re: traffic. But on both occasions I've found the drivers to be rather courteous. From Brooderstroom towards Harties is currently sketchy as hell with the road works, and I'll rather wait for them to finish before riding that stretch again. But again, very courteous drivers and on 2 sections I had small trucks patiently waiting behind me until a gap became available for me to move over and let them through.

Okay nice, thanks.. I’d like to do that.. harties is awesome..

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, Michael Dewing said:

Okay nice, thanks.. I’d like to do that.. harties is awesome..

where in jhb are you based ? DM me you email addy and I'll send you the GPX of the route I use.

Harties itself is crap to road ride around. The roads dont have much shoulder room and are in a poor state.

17 minutes ago, The Ouzo said:

where in jhb are you based ? DM me you email addy and I'll send you the GPX of the route I use.

Harties itself is crap to road ride around. The roads dont have much shoulder room and are in a poor state.

Aah okay, hence a safety car would be good to have.. 

thanks bud, I’ll DM you now..😃🤙🏻

52 minutes ago, Michael Dewing said:

Aah okay, hence a safety car would be good to have.. 

thanks bud, I’ll DM you now..😃🤙🏻

Actually I think a safety car would make it worse, its easier for a car to get past a bike vs a car.

1 minute ago, The Ouzo said:

Actually I think a safety car would make it worse, its easier for a car to get past a bike vs a car.

Oh you are probably correct.. 🤣🤣.. 

1 hour ago, HdB said:

Done with the Versus 500, at least unofficially. We'll see if the trainer rides count.
I'm definitely looking forward to more normal weeks 🤣

I completed the 50km on foot. was thinking I could actually have done 500km kitesurfing easy peasy with the weather we've had.

2 hours ago, Shebeen said:

I completed the 50km on foot. was thinking I could actually have done 500km kitesurfing easy peasy with the weather we've had.

Was watching a few guys at Betty’s Bay, in some rather tough condition (IMO). Was fun to watch.IMG_2411.jpeg.09733f925cfbf81d34e0efbf8aed3963.jpeg

62 countries = possible new markets for them to break into.
Some astute marketing.

36 minutes ago, Frosty said:

62 countries = possible new markets for them to break into.
Some astute marketing.

on my PC it wont zoom in enough for me to read anything on it, so i cant comment on anything