2023 Festive 500

The Ouzo

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

49 minutes ago, Frosty said:

Work from “home” for today, and possibly tomorrow; but first a morning trot, and a coffee. 5km in the morning and again in the afternoon is a little easier on the legs than a 10km once a day.IMG_1908.jpeg.1607523b902af923d16295083407b715.jpeg

I once ran 5km.. I couldn’t walk for three days.!!😰🤣🤣🤣

ruined my weekend😭😭

45 minutes ago, Michael Dewing said:

I once ran 5km.. I couldn’t walk for three days.!!😰🤣🤣🤣

ruined my weekend😭😭

Runners run, cyclists ride.

The rest of us stay home finishing leftover puddings and beverages. :rolleyes:

2 hours ago, Thomo said:

Runners run, cyclists ride.

The rest of us stay home finishing leftover puddings and beverages. :rolleyes:

I’ve eaten so much malva pudding it’s frightening🤣🤣🤣

Rest day for me, today.

10.7km left to plod along. Spending the day with the fandamily in the Mother City. Edit: make that 6.6km to go. The V&A and Hout Bay walks are added in.

The De Jonge burger and tjips at the street-food place did a good job for lunch.

IMG_2084.jpeg.4403b25ac782852e937cbcdcd5b1b259.jpeg

Edited by Frosty

I think I didn't read the Versus challenge description properly, and my virtual rides probably don't count...

I will probably get around half way with outdoor rides.

Realising that the run, if you’re not a proper/regular runner, is actually more challenging than expected. 
I normally run once a week, maybe twice. Varying 5-15km. 
But daily/alternating runs within a week obviously increases the load somewhat. Duh. Consequently picked up a few niggles and pains after a few runs, mostly trail, so opted to take the day off.

Basically, underestimated the pitter patter and absolutely overestimated my athletic ability 🫢 …. 

1 hour ago, HdB said:

I think I didn't read the Versus challenge description properly, and my virtual rides probably don't count...

I will probably get around half way with outdoor rides.

I didn't know that virtual rides don't count? 

13 minutes ago, Danger Dassie said:

Realising that the run, if you’re not a proper/regular runner, is actually more challenging than expected. 
But daily/alternating runs within a week obviously increases the load somewhat. Duh. Consequently picked up a few niggles and pains after a few runs, mostly trail, so opted to take the day off.

Basically, underestimated the pitter patter and absolutely overestimated my athletic ability 🫢 …. 

Vasbyt !!

Hope you make it

31 minutes ago, Danger Dassie said:

Walking qualifies, but the activity needs to be marked as a run. Walking makes a big difference in being able to run again the next day. Try walking for a few days to alleviate the niggles, while still keeping active (and ticking the metres off). Having a beach to walk to, for me, helps with the motivation.

22 minutes ago, Sandro said:

I didn't know that virtual rides don't count? 

I'm not sure either, but I saw this morning that the FAQ doesn't specify virtual activities.

"For cycling, road cycling, mountain biking, and e-biking all count."

I will keep adding the "Versus Back to Base" text. Still counts for fitness, if not free* socks 😁

Edited by HdB

I see people are uploading virtual rides so worth a try anyway, if e-bikes are acceptable then so should indoor I guess.