The Munga 2023

JohanDiv

1 minute ago, JohanDiv said:

He went down Verlatenkloof Pass, now has to climb back up hahhaha.. what a horrible mistake to make!! Shame man

Has he turned around yet? Last time I checked he was climbing up back towards Sutherland.

• Replies 368
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

8 minutes ago, The Ouzo said:

not sure if gemmerbal is going to keep ahead of the cut off. Looks like he is suffering judging by his stoppages etc.

I'm very worried. At the pace he is going he is hitting the Tankwa on Sunday where it looks like the tailwind has turned to a headwind by then...

3 minutes ago, hboli4 said:

Has he turned around yet? Last time I checked he was climbing up back towards Sutherland.

No he is almost back at Sutherland with his circle route.. he is going to be so confused.

21 minutes ago, hboli4 said:

As long as he leaves Loxton by midday tomorrow he will not be cut.

how does that work ?

Cut off has moved past him. He hasnt moved since around 12:39

5 minutes ago, The Ouzo said:

how does that work ?

• The Race organizers shall implement cut-off points along the route which points must be reached by the riders within specific times. It is the Race Directors discretion whether or not he wants to enforce these cut-offs. The cut-offs and times shall be as follows: • RV1 Vanderkloof: 12pm Thursday • RV2 Britstown: 12pm Friday • RV3 Loxton: 12pm Saturday • RV4 Sutherland: 11am Sunday

I see someone posted a live link, but this service wants R38 to register, anyone figure anything out?
image.png.1ddc48696ba5978fb7312467b65adc90.png

37 minutes ago, The Ouzo said:

how does that work ?

The cut dot is just an imaginary line at average speed between Wednesday 12:00 and Monday 12:00. You are allowed to fall behind it, you just need to be at the designated cut-off points in time. Usually there are a few guys falling behind the dot, then get a lekker downhill and catch it again. Gemmerbal is flirting way too much with this idea though!

Edited by JohanDiv

33 minutes ago, Roul said:

I see someone posted a live link, but this service wants R38 to register, anyone figure anything out?
image.png.1ddc48696ba5978fb7312467b65adc90.png

These links are spammers or whatever they are called. The live feed from the finishline they do through Facebook.

16 minutes ago, hboli4 said:

These links are spammers or whatever they are called. The live feed from the finishline they do through Facebook.

Thought as much, thanks.

Vernon Rudman and Liza Vivier always ride events together and was riding together up until now.. Looks like he made a tough call to leave her behind at WP5 to try and stay ahead of the cut dot himself..

Edited by JohanDiv