How many helmets is too many helmets.?

Bichael Dewing

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Only had one .... wrecked it on 11 March .... was a mad scramble to find a replacement minutes before CWC closed to have a helmet for the Argus on 12 March ....

Thus my approach now is AT LEAST TWO helmets ... 😛

22 minutes ago, Michael Dewing said:

Why am I obsessively looking at helmets even though I have one that I’m very happy with.?!

how many helmets do you all have.?🤣

No one should judge another by the no. of helmets they own.

I only have one cycling helmet at a time

On the motorbike I have a collection of  6 already purchased over a period of 2 1/2 years ... granted 3 of those helmets are for other persons use.

Given the above, I need a new cycling helmet too now :P

14 minutes ago, ChrisF said:

Only had one .... wrecked it on 11 March .... was a mad scramble to find a replacement minutes before CWC closed to have a helmet for the Argus on 12 March ....

Thus my approach now is AT LEAST TWO helmets ... 😛

Aaah I didn’t even consider that happening.! 😳😳

NICE.! 😃😃🤣🤣 

4 minutes ago, Hairy said:

No one should judge another by the no. of helmets they own.

I only have one cycling helmet at a time

On the motorbike I have a collection of  6 already purchased over a period of 2 1/2 years ... granted 3 of those helmets are for other persons use.

Given the above, I need a new cycling helmet too now :P

Hahaha epic.!! 

there are some stonking helmets up on here.😳

10 minutes ago, Michael Dewing said:

Aaah I didn’t even consider that happening.! 😳😳

NICE.! 😃😃🤣🤣 

While we line up "reasons" ...

You need a spare, or two, just in case you want to invite a newbie to join a ride ... 😋

1 minute ago, ChrisF said:

You need a spare, or two, just in case you want to invite a newbie to join a ride ... 😋

Brilliant.!

You guys must have been married way longer than me.😉🤣

keep the “reasons” coming.!🥳🤘🏻

2 minutes ago, ChrisF said:

Jokes aside.

PLEASE get MIPS, or similar 👍

Nah I don’t skimp on head protection.!

MIPS only or I don’t even consider it.. 😉🤘🏻

14 minutes ago, ChrisF said:

Lies…nobody rides my other bikes. They can go buy their own crap😅

2 minutes ago, MORNE said:

Lies…nobody rides my other bikes. They can go buy their own crap😅

I mean, I only have one bike at the moment so if I get a spare helmet just in case, I'm definitely going to need a spare bike.. you know, just in case.. right.?🤔

seems perfectly logical..😃

Just now, Michael Dewing said:

I mean, I only have one bike at the moment so if I get a spare helmet just in case, I'm definitely going to need a spare bike.. you know, just in case.. right.?🤔

seems perfectly logical..😃

It all starts with one part. Ive built whole bikes around a rogue stem or BB lying around in the garage. An extra helmet is a perfectly good reason for n+1

17 minutes ago, ChrisF said:

PLEASE get MIPS, or similar 👍

I'm still not convinced that it's more than a tiny, marginal improvement marketed as the best thing since airbags. Much like Kashima.

I've had several helmets with it. My current MTB helmet (Spez Ambush 2) has it, but my road helmet (Giro Agilis) does not. Do I think the Ambush is safer? Yes, but because it's much larger with much more coverage, not because it has MIPS.

Oh, back to the topic: There are 4 helmets in my gear cupboard, 2 of which are actively used.

3 minutes ago, LazyTrailRider said:

I'm still not convinced that it's more than a tiny, marginal improvement marketed as the best thing since airbags. Much like Kashima.

I've had several helmets with it. My current MTB helmet (Spez Ambush 2) has it, but my road helmet (Giro Agilis) does not. Do I think the Ambush is safer? Yes, but because it's much larger with much more coverage, not because it has MIPS.

Oh, back to the topic: There are 4 helmets in my gear cupboard, 2 of which are actively used.

I hear you..

I feel for head protection even if it’s slightly more protection, it’s probably worth it.. 

but also, with mips I think comes more comfort as I found when trying things on.. the mips helmets and the increased price point, just seemed to fit better, be better designed and are better quality..