Bazzaspeed creating drama

sidedraught

Hi guys

I need some advice, I was wanting to buy XTR skewers from a forum member called bazzaspeed. Asked if the items are still for sale, and they were at the time. Bazzaspeed said he will come back to me regarding postage charges. 1 week later, I sent a Whatsapp to him asking if he forgot about me as life happens and people get busy. 2 weeks later still no reply, I leave a 2 star rating as he never even read my messages after the first day of communication. He then left me a 1 star rating to counter this amd marked the items as sold. How can I get Bikehub to firstly get in contact with this seller as he is useless at communication and probably a scammer, and secondly remove the 1 star rating he gave me as I did everything to buy these items from him but he never communicated back to me, going on 3 weeks now? Any advice will be appreciated. I have the screenshots to show.

1. If no transaction has taken place, neither of you can 'by the rules' leave a review as no transaction took place

2. They probably sold the skewers and feel bad about not telling you but don't feel like dealing with admin and/or guilt

3. You never paid them? Just move on.

Put out a 'Wanted/ISO' ad and see what bites. But beware, those attract scammers.

From my point of view, this thread is creating the drama, Bazzaspeed is just a bad seller. 

Maybe you should have adhered to how the review system is meant to work https://help.bikehub.co.za/en/articles/5778178-user-review-policy

As the seller clearly decided to focus on a sale elsewhere and ignore your messages and as there was no sale with you, you had no rights to leave a review. It is not surprising a bad review of you was reciprocated.

If you hang around here long enough, you will see many ignored messages by both buyers and sellers. As an example, i am selling an item, a buyer said they were keen and wanted to see it. I gave my number and asked them to confirm when. That was last Thursday and have heard nothing since. If they eventually make contact, we may proceed, if not, i dont loose sleep over it or make a drama like you are, because in your circumstance there has been no sale or scam and you have just missed out as they decided to sell to somone else. Whether they decide to communicate this to you or not, is up to the individual and many do not.

I just feel its bad practice. Just tell me the parts are sold of you sold them before I could buy them. I have sold plenty on the Hub so far, and personally I wont do it. Maybe my personal standards are just too high. Treat others as you want to be treated. People dont care how they treat other people these days.

Edited by sidedraught
Added more detail

13 hours ago, sidedraught said:

I just feel its bad practice. Just tell me the parts are sold of you sold them before I could buy them. I have sold plenty on the Hub so far, and personally I wont do it. Maybe my personal standards are just too high. Treat others as you want to be treated. People dont care how they treat other people these days.

Not everyone lives their lives to our standards unfortunately.. 

and we will probably never change their minds..🤷🏼‍♂️ even by calling them out.. 

best to go your own way and don’t worry about it any further.. or let it take up any more of your time..😉🤘🏻

13 hours ago, sidedraught said:

I must be honest and say that as a buyer and a seller, I have forgotten to  reply to people.

Am I a bad person? Probably to them, but I do my best to be a good person most of the time. I'm not perfect. I have also purposefully ignored people who just rub me the wrong way by their messages.

When they message, how they message and what they say. Some people genuinely just give me the creeps and probably don't mean to at all, but as you say, expectations differ. 

Someone messaged me the other evening at 19:20 and said, Hi, hope you are having a good afternoon...... In my  mind 19:20 is night time, family time, almost bed time and the worst time to message someone but to them it was afternoon.

I asked them to please contact me the following day any time between 08:00 and 17:00 and never heard from them. I'm sure he probably thinks I'm a dick and I think he  is a bit  of a dick. Neither of us probably are

I'm sure you get my point

4 minutes ago, Jewbacca said:

I must be honest and say that as a buyer and a seller, I have forgotten to  reply to people.

Am I a bad person? Probably to them, but I do my best to be a good person most of the time. I'm not perfect. I have also purposefully ignored people who just rub me the wrong way by their messages.

When they message, how they message and what they say. Some people genuinely just give me the creeps and probably don't mean to at all, but as you say, expectations differ. 

Someone messaged me the other evening at 19:20 and said, Hi, hope you are having a good afternoon...... In my  mind 19:20 is night time, family time, almost bed time and the worst time to message someone but to them it was afternoon.

I asked them to please contact me the following day any time between 08:00 and 17:00 and never heard from them. I'm sure he probably thinks I'm a dick and I think he  is a bit  of a dick. Neither of us probably are

I just feel that in the two week period I was waiting for him to let me know what the shipping costs would be to me, he could have taken 1 minute to send me a message to say he is either too busy to get shipping costs or that he doesnt want to sell to me. The item was still shown as available during tye two weeks I was waiting on him. Two weeks is enough time to send just a quick response, or phone me when you have the time. Why advertise an item on the Hub if you dont want to communicate with potential buyers? Whats the point then of trying to sell items? Not saying we have to be best friends afterwards, but just have common decency, it is another person on the other end of the line after all.

1 minute ago, sidedraught said:

I just feel that in the two week period I was waiting for him to let me know what the shipping costs would be to me, he could have taken 1 minute to send me a message to say he is either too busy to get shipping costs or that he doesnt want to sell to me. The item was still shown as available during tye two weeks I was waiting on him. Two weeks is enough time to send just a quick response, or phone me when you have the time. Why advertise an item on the Hub if you dont want to communicate with potential buyers? Whats the point then of trying to sell items? Not saying we have to be best friends afterwards, but just have common decency, it is another person on the other end of the line after all.

Not defending themm, but I think your knickers are in a knot and you are butthurt over nothing. You seem to feel he owes you something in a free market. 

I understand your frustration, but they don't. You keep mentioning 'common decency' but as above, it's a matter of perspective.

From where I'm sitting, this thread is more in breech of 'common decency' than being ignored.

I'm sorry Bazzaspeed hurt you. I guess I'm telling you to get over it and not publicly drag people through the mud for hurting your feelings

2 minutes ago, Jewbacca said:

Not defending themm, but I think your knickers are in a knot and you are butthurt over nothing. You seem to feel he owes you something in a free market. 

I understand your frustration, but they don't. You keep mentioning 'common decency' but as above, it's a matter of perspective.

From where I'm sitting, this thread is more in breech of 'common decency' than being ignored.

I'm sorry Bazzaspeed hurt you. I guess I'm telling you to get over it and not publicly drag people through the mud for hurting your feelings

Understood, thank you

23 minutes ago, Jewbacca said:

Haha 19:20 in the afternoon, yaa sorry mate, not all of us do cocaine.! 😳🤣

38 minutes ago, Andreas_187 said:

If we handed out 1 star ratings for everybody who asks "is it still available" and then disappears.....

To be fair, the amount of people who still have stuff up that they sold a week ago or have deal going, it would be equal 1 stars both ways