I'm in E... Ouch, o well might actually get a first in my group again :D 

Please say hi to the toppie at the back 😜

Hey, maybe a few more fast ones from F to help you get to the front 👍

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

C group for me, was hoping a B or A, but hopefully guys can work well together and chase down B or even A 😂

Seedings do seem odd. Have somehow dropped 2 groups despite a vastly improved seeding index

1 minute ago, MongooseMan said:

Seedings do seem odd. Have somehow dropped 2 groups despite a vastly improved seeding index

Mine is also lower than I expected, but possibly entries were high and the field could be stronger than usual. Past few years the 99er date clashed with nationals & some other big races, this year only Tankwa?

22 minutes ago, Skubarra said:

Mine is also lower than I expected, but possibly entries were high and the field could be stronger than usual. Past few years the 99er date clashed with nationals & some other big races, this year only Tankwa?

Entries at Winelands were much higher this year.

Lets see if same applies to 99er

Is it possible to ask at registration to jump a couple groups? 

Last did it in 2022, and now because I do a social 5 hour CTCT, I've ended up in N.

Looking like an ITT for me

Edited by RossTopher

Quick question re the Finish Time disposable timing chips. Where do you mount them, or are they embedded in the race number you pin to your cycling top?

Edited by peevee

3 minutes ago, peevee said:

Quick question re the Finish Time disposable timing chips. Where do you mount them, or are they embedded in the race number you pin to your cycling top?

Seatpost

Still not convinced that the whole FinishTime timing system and seedings is at the level it should be. 

2022 seeded in the A - finished with the winner of the group

2023 seeded in the B - finished with the winner of the group

2024 - Seeded in the C group - Strange

7 hours ago, K20Champ said:

Still not convinced that the whole FinishTime timing system and seedings is at the level it should be. 

2022 seeded in the A - finished with the winner of the group

2023 seeded in the B - finished with the winner of the group

2024 - Seeded in the C group - Strange

You can look on the PPA website what your seeding index is and how it was calculated.

The seeding system not perfect but it works fairly well. Your old 99er result would not help much for the next year, they apply penalties to events that happened longer than 6 months ago.

My PPA seeding is C and immin D for the 99er. I don't really mind, but it is a bit curious I think. 

There are no huge hills on the route so that and being in D might mean Saturday becomes one of those rare occasions where I finish with my batch. 

1 hour ago, Mamil said:

My PPA seeding is C and immin D for the 99er. I don't really mind, but it is a bit curious I think. 

There are no huge hills on the route so that and being in D might mean Saturday becomes one of those rare occasions where I finish with my batch. 

Similar: PPA=E, 99er=F
Will see how amenable they are at pickup today (why say "seeding queries at pickup" if you aren't willing to discuss) but it's not the end of the world either way.

35 minutes ago, MongooseMan said:

Similar: PPA=E, 99er=F
Will see how amenable they are at pickup today (why say "seeding queries at pickup" if you aren't willing to discuss) but it's not the end of the world either way.

They should really remove the PPA group eligibility as there hasn't been PPA groups in years and it just confuses people. If 500 people with an "A seeding" enter then they will fill up $, #, A, and half of B. Invariably someone with a "B seeding" will end up in C.

The part you want to look at is your index, and how different races results in favourable indexes due to strength of field, difficulty of race etc.

Seeding queries are largely reserved for those who did events outside of this timing ecosystem FYI.

15 minutes ago, bleedToWin said:

They should really remove the PPA group eligibility as there hasn't been PPA groups in years and it just confuses people. If 500 people with an "A seeding" enter then they will fill up $, #, A, and half of B. Invariably someone with a "B seeding" will end up in C.

The part you want to look at is your index, and how different races results in favourable indexes due to strength of field, difficulty of race etc.

Seeding queries are largely reserved for those who did events outside of this timing ecosystem FYI.

Makes sense, though I think the general confusion is that a lot of people (including myself) have a much better index than last year (even taking penalties, etc into account), and yet have dropped 1 to 2 batches.

Oh well...

Edited by MongooseMan