Road Loops in Plettenberg Bay

Loufick

Morning, 
I am going to be in Plett this weekend and would like to know what are some lekker road loops to do. 
Was thinking of going out on the Robberg/Plett Airport loop and then out on the R340. 
Any feedback will be greatly appreciated. 

9 minutes ago, Loufick said:

Morning, 
I am going to be in Plett this weekend and would like to know what are some lekker road loops to do. 
Was thinking of going out on the Robberg/Plett Airport loop and then out on the R340. 

bloukrans pass/grootrivier pass/natures valley.

1 hour ago, Loufick said:

Morning, 

If I recall, road past airport is gravel as well as the R340.

1 hour ago, Shebeen said:

bloukrans pass/grootrivier pass/natures valley.

That is awesome, but does require a bit of riding on the N2.
Generally a wide shoulder, except for a stretch at the Crags. So, not too hectic

46 minutes ago, FondTF2 said:

If I recall, road past airport is gravel as well as the R340.

Road from Plett past the airport to the N2 is now tarred and is nice to ride.
The stretch from there along the N2 back to Plett is not so awesome as you have Kwanokuthula to contend with.

The R340 is also lovely from the N2 past Wittedrift and up the pass, but it turns to dirt after a few KM.

1 hour ago, Loufick said:

Morning, 

Some nice options.
The N2 plays a role on most routes
Having a GG does open things up a bit

That Wittedrif road was all gravel from N2 to R340.

Another option is to park at the Crags and then do loop to Natures Valley, down and up Grootrivier Pass, and down/up Bloukrans pass.  At the top of Bloukrans on eastern side you can go through plantation on right toward bungee jumping area and then back to Crags on N2.  There is wide shoulder on N2 and tar road is excellent on the 2 passes, except the eastern Cape side of Bloukrans.  (you will do some climbing though).

Ride to toll gates as mentioned above is not bad, but then go back through Natures Valley via Grootfontein pass.

49 minutes ago, splat said:

That is awesome, but does require a bit of riding on the N2.
Generally a wide shoulder, except for a stretch at the Crags. So, not too hectic

depends on distance you want to do, but this is kind of what I was suggesting. assumes you actually can use the car during this riding time too!

2 minutes ago, Dogs said:

That Wittedrif road was all gravel from N2 to R340.

Another option is to park at the Crags and then do loop to Natures Valley, down and up Grootrivier Pass, and down/up Bloukrans pass.  At the top of Bloukrans on eastern side you can go through plantation on right toward bungee jumping area and then back to Crags on N2.  There is wide shoulder on N2 and tar road is excellent on the 2 passes, except the eastern Cape side of Bloukrans.  (you will do some climbing though).

Ride to toll gates as mentioned above is not bad, but then go back through Natures Valley via Grootfontein pass.

We used to have a holiday house in Plett (Keurbooms).

Would often do a ride out to Cold Stream and back.

As mentioned all depends on what distance and where in Plett OP is residing.

2 hours ago, FondTF2 said:

We used to have a holiday house in Plett (Keurbooms).

Would often do a ride out to Cold Stream and back.

As mentioned all depends on what distance and where in Plett OP is residing.

Yes. lovely stretch!

For the OP: The Keurboom Rd from the N2 is also nice, and you can do the climb from there up to the N2. It pops out near the top, thus cutting out of bit of the highway.

8 minutes ago, splat said:

Yes. lovely stretch!

For the OP: The Keurboom Rd from the N2 is also nice, and you can do the climb from there up to the N2. It pops out near the top, thus cutting out of bit of the highway.

Just watch out for the odd Baboon. 

Appreciate all the suggestions, thanks very much🙌 - will have a quick google of the suggested routes.