Elves Nandor Pro - Or an alternative carbon hardtail

Nic Brigando

Hey all!

Has anyone had any dealings with the brand Elves? They seem to be a malaysian [edit:] Taiwanese bike brand that has a supplier here in SA.

They've got a bunch of pretty solid looking carbon frames on their site, of which I'm specifically interested in the Nandor Pro: https://elvesbikesouthafrica.co.za/shop/frames/elves-nandor-pro-29er-xc-mtb-hardtail-carbon-frame 

Does anyone know if they offer (and will honour) any sort of warranty, as I can't find it on the site? Looks like be a decent frame at a decent price.

On that note, any other carbon hardtail frame alternatives? I'm mainly looking for frames with some sort of warranty at the moment, but if a second hand one comes up with a decent price then I would be interested in that too.

Thanks!

image.jpeg.1516d8c3a64c57811777ce52a66c6b01.jpeg

Edited by Nic Brigando

See there is a road bike in the classifieds. Option to reach out to seller, there is probably a connection.

Been keeping an eye on them for the last twelve months.

Reviews of the road bikes is promising.

Unfortunately with our weakening ZAR, not necessarily meaning a bargain purchase.

Can`t exactly recall the geo of mtb, but was on the conservative side.

PS. That road bike is a beauty, will consider above the Titan I`m very fond off.

Yeah a mate of mine, @David Jenkins is selling Elves here locally! I can send you his number if you would like to ask him any questions directly, he would be more than happy to assist 👌

Know there are a few happy customers he has got on road bikes recently

Edited by Spookie
Tag

On 2/11/2024 at 1:50 PM, Nic Brigando said:

Hey all!

Has anyone had any dealings with the brand Elves? They seem to be a malaysian [edit:] Taiwanese bike brand that has a supplier here in SA.

They've got a bunch of pretty solid looking carbon frames on their site, of which I'm specifically interested in the Nandor Pro: https://elvesbikesouthafrica.co.za/shop/frames/elves-nandor-pro-29er-xc-mtb-hardtail-carbon-frame 

Does anyone know if they offer (and will honour) any sort of warranty, as I can't find it on the site? Looks like be a decent frame at a decent price.

On that note, any other carbon hardtail frame alternatives? I'm mainly looking for frames with some sort of warranty at the moment, but if a second hand one comes up with a decent price then I would be interested in that too.

Thanks!

Did you have a look at the Silverback Superseed?

9 hours ago, Spookie said:

Yeah a mate of mine, @David Jenkins is selling Elves here locally! I can send you his number if you would like to ask him any questions directly, he would be more than happy to assist 👌

Know there are a few happy customers he has got on road bikes recently

If that's an option, I would love to speak to him directly!

8 minutes ago, Super Sywurm said:

Did you have a look at the Silverback Superseed?

Yup, honestly that would be first choice for the little bit of plushness on the rear, but unfortunately you don't seem to be able to purchase a new frameset from them. I've already got the full bike build ready to go, just need the frame :P

I've seen a few on the classifieds for sale too (could always sell whatever components it comes with, for sure), but nothing yet in Large in the price range I want to spend.

10 hours ago, DJuice said:

Can`t exactly recall the geo of mtb, but was on the conservative side.

Just for future reference, if anyone finds the thread: image.png.dc651a79c85b22162d016dae961236a4.png

My current bikes are 2 steel beauties, both sitting at 65.6 and 65.5 HA, and close to 500 reach, so it's definitely going to be a big change! Bike is being built for the Munga, so more conservative is not necessarily a bad thing. :P

10 minutes ago, Nic Brigando said:

Just for future reference, if anyone finds the thread: image.png.dc651a79c85b22162d016dae961236a4.png

My current bikes are 2 steel beauties, both sitting at 65.6 and 65.5 HA, and close to 500 reach, so it's definitely going to be a big change! Bike is being built for the Munga, so more conservative is not necessarily a bad thing. :P

For the Munga and our flat lands in Northern Cape the geo is fine.

Now to decide on a nice paint scheme…very lucky.

All the best with Munga training.

Edited by DJuice

On 2/11/2024 at 1:50 PM, Nic Brigando said:

Hey all!

Thanks!

not sure I'd want a cutout in the headtube join. Might look sexy but surely there's some major compromises on that one. 

28 minutes ago, Nic Brigando said:

Yup, honestly that would be first choice for the little bit of plushness on the rear, but unfortunately you don't seem to be able to purchase a new frameset from them. I've already got the full bike build ready to go, just need the frame :P

I've seen a few on the classifieds for sale too (could always sell whatever components it comes with, for sure), but nothing yet in Large in the price range I want to spend.

Did you contact Silverback SA directly regarding a frame only deal?  A couple of years back, they could assist me and a buddy with frames only.  

1 minute ago, Super Sywurm said:

Did you contact Silverback SA directly regarding a frame only deal?  A couple of years back, they could assist me and a buddy with frames only.  

Hmm, no I did not - didn't even think of that. I'll do that right now, thank you for the tip off!

11 minutes ago, Nic Brigando said:

Hmm, no I did not - didn't even think of that. I'll do that right now, thank you for the tip off!

Let me know what the outcome is.