Vision Wheel Distributors in SA

Hi Guys,

Does anyone know how many Vision Wheel distributors there are in South Africa? I am struggling with the Cape Town based agent.

Thank you

On 2/12/2024 at 12:56 PM, Cris ingram said:

Hi Guys,

Does anyone know how many Vision Wheel distributors there are in South Africa? I am struggling with the Cape Town based agent.

Thank you

CapeGroSports are the only official Vision agent in SA.

Best to contact Vision directly, they know of the challenges in SA with the local agent and will likely sell to you directly. I had to do that after local agent wouldn't take my calls, respond to my emails or anything while I was looking for a replacement axle.

12 minutes ago, Bl4d3 said:

CapeGroSports are the only official Vision agent in SA.

Best to contact Vision directly, they know of the challenges in SA with the local agent and will likely sell to you directly. I had to do that after local agent wouldn't take my calls, respond to my emails or anything while I was looking for a replacement axle.

I ordered from the local agent in the past. However during the last 2 years their service has deteriorated. Not quite sure what the underlying reason is.

On 2/14/2024 at 10:06 AM, betaboy said:

..just don’t call anyone during lunchtime 🤭

In CCS defense, I've received possibly the best service compared to all agents in SA. If they dont have stock of the replacement, you get the next 1 up. Their turn around time has also been phenomenal, generally 24 hours

Hi Peeps,

Just some feedback as to the current status quo. Geco Cycles very kindly offered to collect my wheels and see if they could get the rear hub a bit better so that I could use the wheels for now - Thank you very much Matt.

I contacted the States and they have replied so I will now see how they may be able to assist.

Has anyone tried changing hubs on the Vision Metron wheels? ie with another brand, I am struggling to find a matching spoke setup.

Cheers

Cris

• 2 weeks later...

Howzit Everyone,

Some really good feedback guys. The Cape Town agent, Mark, reached out last Friday with some very useful input regarding the spoke patterns and offered to collect my wheels from Geco and sort them out. The collection was to happen on Monday and Mark kept to his plan and collected the wheelset. He kept in touch via email throughout the week.

The rear hub was replaced under warranty and he also replaced the front bearings for me as they were worn.

He also committed to having my wheels back by Friday(today) so I could train tomorrow. The wheels were delivered to Geco and they are now fitted back on my baby.

Thank you very much for your support, good comms and swift service Mark. Much appreciated.

I hope you have a great weekend.

Cheers

Cris