Garmin SA support response times

Jako De Wet

Hi everyone

Does anyone know what Garmin SA's response time is on support emails?

I logged a ticket with them on the 2nd of February and had zero response. Tried calling the support hotline as well, just sit in a queue and no one answers.

I have a 2.5 year old Garmin Instinct Solar that started having random crashes while recording activities.
Makes the watch kind of worthless if you can't reliably record activities.

Any other email/number I can perhaps try?

Thanks.

Edited by Jako De Wet

Yeah good luck on their email, I emailed them and it took around 3-4weeks for a response.

I called them first thing one morning and managed to get through.

I have finally gone through a store/agent to handle it all as the process that Garmin uses, I had very little confidence.

I recently also had to interact with Garmin due to my Edge 130's battery not lasting long enough. From the date I first sent them an e-mail, till I finally had a replacement Edge 130 Plus took about 10 days. That included courier times. The battery cannot be replaced, and I was offered a new Edge 130 Plus for R1500.

The e-mail addresses I used to communicate with them was: Product.Support@garmin.com and ServiceevaluationZA@garmin.com On both e-mails I got very quick response each time I communicated with them. 

I was sent a form that I had to complete when I sent in my defective Edge 130, which I am including in this post should anyone want to use it.

Product Support Centre Repair Form.docx

Edited by Jaco Steyn

Hi there

Is there anyone in the rosebank area that could do me a favour? I urgently need someone to go into the Garmin offices and knock some heads in on my behalf. 

Their service is pathetic. Responses to emails (even the addresses listed above) take several days at best. They NEVER answer the phone.

I live in Zambia, and needed a watch to be assessed for repairs. Just to get the info to send the watch took over a week. Then I paid out my @$$ to courier the watch to them - It was signed for on the 31st January but it would appear that Garmin has somehow lost the damn thing - I would have more info if they ever answered the phone, or responded to the emails I send within seconds of actually getting one from them.

I have spent almost R2000 listening to their crappy hold music without anyone ever answering the phone. They have several options to choose from when on hold - 1 for service (whatever!), 2 fot tech etc.... all default to customer support and never get answered.

garmin is an anagram for margin

that's all they care about these days unfortunately. Maybe its because we're a small insignificant market, maybe they're just crap. 

Their service used to be the benchmark in the sports industry. The Edge705 was the best bike computer ever. It just worked. And if it bombed out they simply replaced it.

ooooh where are those days now

I had an issue with my watch and emailed GSAinfo@garmin.com, and almost instantly received a reply with another email address from an employee who helped me get my watch sorted.

I’ve been trying to buy something off their website and they can’t even be bothered to respond to that 😂 I’d have thought if anything a new sale of an edge 1040 might do the trick, but apparently not! 

Thanks for all the other email addresses.

I forwarded the support email to another 4 email accounts. Let's see if they bite on one of them.

Already looking at alternatives but will need a damage report to be able to claim from insurance.

if I visit their Rosebank office, how long would it take for them to asses the battery on my edge 130 and offer a replacement ?

On 2/13/2024 at 4:05 PM, The Ouzo said:

if I visit their Rosebank office, how long would it take for them to asses the battery on my edge 130 and offer a replacement ?

you would have to book it in, wait for the assessment and their decision to repair or replace. You only save shipping time with walk ins as I understand it.

Can anyone help me with a contact number for someone at Garmin SA.
I ordered a watch from them on the 12th of February and made an immediate payment the following day and sent the POP. To date I have not received my watch and have not even received acknowledgement that the order has been placed.

Nobody responds to emails.

1 hour ago, Ryno. said:

Can anyone help me with a contact number for someone at Garmin SA.
I ordered a watch from them on the 12th of February and made an immediate payment the following day and sent the POP. To date I have not received my watch and have not even received acknowledgement that the order has been placed.

Nobody responds to emails.

Have you tried their direct office line? (011) 251-9999

1 minute ago, Danger Dassie said:

Have you tried their direct office line? (011) 251-9999

Yes, you just listen to hold music.
Tried multiple times on multiple days.

17 minutes ago, Ryno. said:

Yes, you just listen to hold music.
Tried multiple times on multiple days.

Try these;

Leenert.VanDerMerwe@garmin.com

0861 427 646