Cannondale Launches the All-New Moterra SL: The Lightest Full-Power Mountain Bike Ever*

News bot

1 hour ago, zeerpuD1 said:

Am I mistaken or was this thread about the new light weight ebike and nothing do with what wheel size is best battle that seems to now have taken over.

Indeed.
But wait until the prices are released, and then check this thread blow up!

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Shaun001 said:

You clearly didn't read my first comment on this post explaining basically why 27.5 is a GOOD choice for this bike. I never said it should have a 29 inch wheel. I explained why XCO uses it. To make it extra clear, I think a mullet setup on an e-mtb is a brilliant idea.

Ok I agree that 13 riders isn't really enough data, but I thought since you said I should do it myself 13 would at least be better than one? Just go do your own research online and you will find plenty of proof. Don't take my word for it.

What I am interested is how are you convinced that a 29 is not any faster? Please share your findings and try to convince me instead of just saying I should go do experiments. I am a man of science and happy to have my mind changed if you bring me the data.

I’ve read plenty of those “studies” and at best they come up with inconclusive, but the one you feel faster on. Inconclusive alone is a lot of science that does not support your hypothesis that 29er roll faster. A 100 riders tested against incorrect methodology does not make a study valid. If the reader had bias then the “study” will have done its job. 
I’ve raced 26er, 27.5and 29 and over a set course there’s no significant difference in lap time. The fact Nino raced 27.5 against 29s and won is further anecdotal evidence. No credible scientific study exists that can adequately discriminate between the two larger wheel sizes. 
the study you presented used 26er vs 29 on an undefined course in terms of features. The course could very well have been designed to create a discrimination in the direction of a 29 and isn’t reflective of a real world course. 
I can crest a course for anything that suits the experiment over the control and claim the experiment was better. That’s generally how marketing drivel (e.g. OSPW) works. 
There’s plenty more holes that can be shot at any study on the topic but it’s pretty moot since 29 won the marketing race. Oh wait that’s where 29 is faster, through marketing terrain.

so rather than await your next argument in the topic I’m off to ride my 29er since that’s the one that won the marketing race while my buddy on his 27.5 keeps up comfortably while enjoying more nimble handling

8 minutes ago, splat said:

Indeed.

'I could buy a KTM enduro bike with all sorts of rocket ship technology for the same price!!!!'

4 hours ago, Jewbacca said:

'I could buy a KTM enduro bike with all sorts of rocket ship technology for the same price!!!!'

I am looking to buy one of these for far less ;)

KTM 990 Adventure

16 hours ago, DieselnDust said:

I’ve read plenty of those “studies” and at best they come up with inconclusive, but the one you feel faster on. Inconclusive alone is a lot of science that does not support your hypothesis that 29er roll faster. A 100 riders tested against incorrect methodology does not make a study valid. If the reader had bias then the “study” will have done its job. 
I’ve raced 26er, 27.5and 29 and over a set course there’s no significant difference in lap time. The fact Nino raced 27.5 against 29s and won is further anecdotal evidence. No credible scientific study exists that can adequately discriminate between the two larger wheel sizes. 
the study you presented used 26er vs 29 on an undefined course in terms of features. The course could very well have been designed to create a discrimination in the direction of a 29 and isn’t reflective of a real world course. 
I can crest a course for anything that suits the experiment over the control and claim the experiment was better. That’s generally how marketing drivel (e.g. OSPW) works. 
There’s plenty more holes that can be shot at any study on the topic but it’s pretty moot since 29 won the marketing race. Oh wait that’s where 29 is faster, through marketing terrain.

so rather than await your next argument in the topic I’m off to ride my 29er since that’s the one that won the marketing race while my buddy on his 27.5 keeps up comfortably while enjoying more nimble handling

Having only started riding when all bikes were 29ers I just think 26 looks funny. I look like a gorilla with skinny legs on my xl bike with 29ers anyway so can't imagine the pack trailseeker images I'd cringe at if I was on a 26

3 hours ago, Mamil said:

Having only started riding when all bikes were 29ers I just think 26 looks funny. I look like a gorilla with skinny legs on my xl bike with 29ers anyway so can't imagine the pack trailseeker images I'd cringe at if I was on a 26

I'm 188cm and ride a 26er steel HT regularly. The weight of the thing doesn't make it something you'd  ride an XCM event on but it could be done and it really shines on the descents. I'd happily do an easier  stage race on it.  It feels exceptionally nippy and corners beautifully That said, the right tyres and spare rims are harder to find...

22 hours ago, splat said:

Indeed.

In EUR the top-specced one is apparently 13 999 smackeroos.

R280k, so about the same as the SW Levo SL Ltd, but that comes with Flight Attendant (which this does not....)