Strategies for dealing with cramps and preventing them

Remington

On 3/15/2024 at 10:17 AM, ChrisF said:

Since then I use an audible alarm on Garmin to snap me out of the mist of racing and to remind me to drink and eat.

My polar strap broke, for the second time, a couple years ago and since then I just stopped riding with any form of electronic monitoring device apart from my phone running Strava for mileage of components. I've been toying with the idea of a new device but I'm not fully convinced yet. Then if I do end up getting one it's either polar again or Garmin instinct, but again, not quite sold on the idea yet.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

On 3/15/2024 at 10:10 AM, 'Dale said:

snip

My suggestion is that to treat cramp as a positive signal of bio-feedback and not as disaster or failure. Cramp lots in training; cramp not in racing😃

yes master

IMG_1204.jpeg

Edited by MORNE

17 hours ago, Zebra said:

….in tight-fitting cycling clothing, having a Gherkin in the ‘wrong place’ could put you in a bit of a PICKLE…😆

One does need to be careful through the whole process. Reminds me of advice I received a few years ago on a ride - "1st Rule of Mountain Biking: Never look into another man's eyes while eating a banana"