First Look: Specialized Propero 4

News bot

Here at Bike Hub we love nothing better than the value offering that comes with trickle-down technology, and so jumped at the opportunity to get up close and personal with the latest mid-range helmet offering from Specialized: the Propero 4. Featuring the aero advantages of the S-Works Evade 3 together with the ventilation of the S-Works Prevail 3, and retailing for an MSRP of R3600, the Propero 4 ticks all the boxes for someone on the hunt for a fast, good-looking helmet at a mid-range price point. Here are our first impressions: At first glance Out of the box, the […]

View full article

18 hours ago, Danger Dassie said:

Beaut lid, reckon it’s well surpassed mid-range with the features and pricing though. R3600 is a fair whack of cash.

Agreed, what they smokin'?

4 hours ago, Headshot said:

Agreed, what they smokin'?

I think it’s on the money for the features and ratings listed. But along with that price point I’d argue it sits between midrange and premium pricing.

There are some helmets out there at nearly double without the support etc. 

Still, not comparing to the Propero, but I rate the Align MIPS is likely the most underrated helmet in general. Looks good, fits well, good safety rating and features. All at R1100. That’s really good value.

On 2/29/2024 at 9:38 PM, Danger Dassie said:

Beaut lid, reckon it’s well surpassed mid-range with the features and pricing though. R3600 is a fair whack of cash.

Out of my budget.

But, they DO have a very wide range of helmets.  And even their very affordable helmets have MIPS.

Roglic is a weird one to choose as an example. He hasn't raced for bora yet and to me always looked so recognizable in his Lazer lid, especially the TT one that looked backward. (I admit this is a totally useless comment)