XCM MTB tyres

MarcoDeS

Howsit all

What tyre combinations are you running for cross country marathon races? 

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I bleat about them often. I am running the Pirelli scorpion xc rc lite tyres front and rear. Very light, but surprisingly very reliable and grip very well across all conditions. But, a bit soft, so not gonna last super long. But I will trade grip for wear any day. 

1 minute ago, Murrob said:

I bleat about them often. I am running the Pirelli scorpion xc rc lite tyres front and rear. Very light, but surprisingly very reliable and grip very well across all conditions. But, a bit soft, so not gonna last super long. But I will trade grip for wear any day. 

@Murrob what size are you running? 

Love my Maxxis Rekon Race's, EXO casing, 2.35 front and back.

Super durable, fast rolling, and relatively light-weight for the width.

Also importantly, they have solid cornering knobs, which lots of other similar tires skimp on.

I have run recon race 2.4’s, currently on aspens (also 2.4), they’re good tyres but I’m dying to try the above mentioned Pirelli’s. 

As a small shop it is difficult to buy from importers but have been lucky the last 6 years to get Maxxis which I used myself ( Recon Race ) and supplied my customers all happy. But when my supplier ran out of stock I got hold of some Vittoria stock running Mezcal on my Scalpel and am very happy with them . Low resistance light and hard wearing

im currently using ONZA Svelts and Canis that was given to me from the people that have taken over the distribution in SA, SUPER FAST TIRES!!

3 hours ago, Murrob said:

I use the RC lites as well and im pretty satisfied with them.

17 minutes ago, Jimmy 2.0 said:

im currently using ONZA Svelts and Canis that was given to me from the people that have taken over the distribution in SA, SUPER FAST TIRES!!

Who are the new distributors of ONZA?

I loved the Canis tyres on my MTB, but then couldn't find them for a long time after the previous distributors didn't import them any more.

The new distributors are Crafted Cycles, they've only just recently taken over currently they only have the Svelt in a 2.25 (old stock from the previous guy) they will be having the full selection available later this year. I got mine as a demo tire.

interesting comments....been trying to get a new set of tyres for my mtb here in the UK...trying to get a set of tyres ...but a lot of local places haven't adequate stock...and the delivery times are long...Shipping and Brexit rearing its ugly head...

3 hours ago, DieselnDust said:

Pirelli scorpion XC RC lites two (too)

I love em

They are super, right? And really light compared to others out there, was running vittoria Barzo front and mezcal rear, which perform great, but 400 grams lighter for the set really helps, rotational weight and all.