Cape Town Cycle Tour 2024

pdasilva

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Does zwift ever run races parallel with the actual event.?

They have the course, you sign up/pay a small fee and you get a start time and you can do the race from home anywhere in the world.?

cos I think they should.. 😳

39 minutes ago, Michael Dewing said:

There’s always perspective 😉🤘🏻

True. A pair of tubeless tyres are R2500

16 hours ago, Andreas_187 said:

True. A pair of tubeless tyres are R2500

When you're lucky enough to get them on sale/discounted. :rolleyes:

• 4 weeks later...
On 12/21/2023 at 9:48 AM, Newbie321 said:

Maybe if they dropped the price to something reasonable, or make an option to drop the goodie bag, IE old stock Pick n Pay want to get rid off.

How exactly would this effect price? I highly doubt we pay for it. . . 

Cape Town Cycle Tour <noreply@cycletour.co.za>

Mon, Jan 15, 2:55 PM (3 days ago)

cleardot.gif
cleardot.gif
cleardot.gif
 to me
cleardot.gif

Dear Horatio

Don't forget to remind your friends and family (and yourself if you haven't entered yet) that today is the last day that you can enter for the 2024 Cape Town Cycle Tour at the reduced rate of R850 (general) and R795 (Pedal Power Association members).

From tomorrow the general entry fee will be R950, and PPA members will pay R895. 

Avoid the price increase and enter now. General entries close at midnight on 31 January. 

Visit https://www.capetowncycletour.com to enter. 

Regards
The Cape Town Cycle Tour Team

so they hiked the pricing, and entries close in 2 weeks.
I don't feel the vibe is anything like the sold out years, unless the lite version picks up some speed i see them extending the entry till the last possible moment.

29 minutes ago, Jase619 said:

How exactly would this effect price? I highly doubt we pay for it. . . 

Pick and pay is not even on the sponsor list, so doubt they forked out the goodies for free

11 minutes ago, Newbie321 said:

Pick and pay is not even on the sponsor list, so doubt they forked out the goodies for free

really, are you sure about that??

They have been involved for over 30 years - Raymond goes and they dump it? That would seriously affect profitability of the event (unless checkers hijack it - imagine?!)

image.png.12b3092599870335132d95a3bc073c22.png

4 minutes ago, Shebeen said:

really, are you sure about that??

They have been involved for over 30 years - Raymond goes and they dump it? That would seriously affect profitability of the event (unless checkers hijack it - imagine?!)

image.png.12b3092599870335132d95a3bc073c22.png

Dont see them on the 2024 sponsor list.

Then again, if you have been following the Summer's articles it seems PnP is in for a bit of shake up ...

13 minutes ago, Newbie321 said:

I've been entering this event for the last 25 years, I can tell you that not once did I make the assumption that my entry is paying for the goodie bag, it has always been outdated magazines, samples of hygiene or medical product, a snack/chocolate from one of the smaller sponsors and some expired dry food. About the only thing that would have a cost is the branded water bottle.

If any part of the entry goes towards the goodie bag then its a very very small %

Who else are planning their trips to get here ?

And planning the activities for the days leading up to the World Champs of fun rides ?

4 minutes ago, The Ouzo said:

I've been entering this event for the last 25 years, I can tell you that not once did I make the assumption that my entry is paying for the goodie bag, it has always been outdated magazines, samples of hygiene or medical product, a snack/chocolate from one of the smaller sponsors and some expired dry food. About the only thing that would have a cost is the branded water bottle.

If any part of the entry goes towards the goodie bag then its a very very small %

Fair enough. I won't be a repeat customer this year though. 

11 minutes ago, ChrisF said:

And planning the activities for the days leading up to the World Champs of fun rides ?

accommodation is booked

1 hour ago, ChrisF said:

Planning hard under way, making possible 10 day trip out of it. 

2 minutes ago, Jase619 said:

Planning hard under way, making possible 10 day trip out of it. 

THATS the spirit :thumbup:

The travel money is already spent, might as well make the best of it.

Nudging our buddies to pop down earlier ....