No reason for an Offseason with these savings from Trek

News bot

With Winter fast approaching, Trek wants you to keep riding this “offseason” with great savings on their Top Fuel, Fuel EXe and Fuel EX models. Over a period of two months, these Trek models will be available at incredible prices. The No reason for an Offseason Sale will start on Monday 1 April 2024 and will end at midnight on 30 June 2024. Why choose a Top Fuel? The Top Fuel is a quick, short-travel 29er trail bike that’s perfect for riders who like to stay pinned both up and down the trail. It’s lighter and snappier than a trail […]

View full article

The E-Caliber, is very tempting as a first e-bike at their discounted price.

Wonder how it will ride after riding a Top Fuel for the last 4 or 5 years 

41 minutes ago, madmarc said:

I watched a video about it yesterday. They showed that it can be used as a normal Bike with the battery removed. I believe the battery and motor is one unit.(not 100% sure on that)

Bike weights about 18KG with everything on and 15KG without battery/motor unit. 

16 minutes ago, Ruben Hechter said:

I watched a video about it yesterday. They showed that it can be used as a normal Bike with the battery removed. I believe the battery and motor is one unit.(not 100% sure on that)

I'm more on about the fact its a pure XC bike and for my type of riding which is bike park trails and long gravel events like Race to the Sun. With 64mm travel in the rear its almost a hardtail with a bit of rear suspension. Current ride is a Top Fuel 9.8 so wondering how different it would feel. I'm thinking its a hard fast ride.

Also - the FAZUA drive train seems very different from the standard e-motors on e-bikes. It looks a lot smaller and proabbly used to keep the weight down. Also reading some of the 1 star reviews on the bike all seem to revolve around the drive system.

Please Please someone convince me NOT to buy this bike !!! 

44 minutes ago, madmarc said:

I'm more on about the fact its a pure XC bike and for my type of riding which is bike park trails and long gravel events like Race to the Sun. With 64mm travel in the rear its almost a hardtail with a bit of rear suspension. Current ride is a Top Fuel 9.8 so wondering how different it would feel. I'm thinking its a hard fast ride.

Also - the FAZUA drive train seems very different from the standard e-motors on e-bikes. It looks a lot smaller and proabbly used to keep the weight down. Also reading some of the 1 star reviews on the bike all seem to revolve around the drive system.

Please Please someone convince me NOT to buy this bike !!! 

The tuning for these bikes is where the failure in RSA originates for them. 

Standard out of the box the bike is very jerky, I believe it can be tuned out and very finely towards your liking.

but

The tuning capabilities are hidden away , RSA workshops(TREK DOTS and authorized dealers ) have access to basic software and not the factory one. 

I had to warranty a motor and the new one came with no details installed. This led to a call with FAZUA where on of the techs logged in with TeamViewer and di the installation, its immense just how many things can  be adjusted. ( as in the torque range for every 5w ect ect ect )

But its not within the capability of every workshop and even if someone like myself knows how to do it , FAZUA are very good with keeping a strict eye on who has which software.

They have also parted ways with trek since 2021 I believe.

SO however good the deal is , you will need to hope ebike tech can sort out parts or software for you and I'm 99.999999999% sure they can't 

1 hour ago, Ruben Hechter said:

YES it technically is , however once you have them on the floor its easy to see why its weird to say that. 

For me its a 3 part system , battery , motor and gearbox. The first two are one piece that can be removed and then the gearbox stays behind which is virtually frictionless and just has the little spinny fazau logo shape that interfaces with the motor. 

I just kinda  like to view it like the shimano/brose/bosch things that are basically just a battery and motor so ideally i would like the nr 2 and 3 parts to both be called " the motor" 

....i'm just a weirdo sorry

So saying the battery is and motor is removable is 100% correct but you'll see why its a weird wording once you actually have the units in your hands 

20 hours ago, BaGearA said:

The tuning for these bikes is where the failure in RSA originates for them. 

Standard out of the box the bike is very jerky, I believe it can be tuned out and very finely towards your liking.

but

The tuning capabilities are hidden away , RSA workshops(TREK DOTS and authorized dealers ) have access to basic software and not the factory one. 

I had to warranty a motor and the new one came with no details installed. This led to a call with FAZUA where on of the techs logged in with TeamViewer and di the installation, its immense just how many things can  be adjusted. ( as in the torque range for every 5w ect ect ect )

But its not within the capability of every workshop and even if someone like myself knows how to do it , FAZUA are very good with keeping a strict eye on who has which software.

They have also parted ways with trek since 2021 I believe.

SO however good the deal is , you will need to hope ebike tech can sort out parts or software for you and I'm 99.999999999% sure they can't 

After reading this and some more research on the interwebs - I give this a miss. Def not gonna invest in something where there is no local support or spares for that matter. I did this once on a KS Lev dropper post which has been laying in my cupboard looking for an oil cartridge these last 3 years (I see now that RBC has recently been appointed as the local agent, so hoepfull i can revive it)

Maybe why they have such a massive discount on this model. 

17 hours ago, madmarc said:

After reading this and some more research on the interwebs - I give this a miss. Def not gonna invest in something where there is no local support or spares for that matter. I did this once on a KS Lev dropper post which has been laying in my cupboard looking for an oil cartridge these last 3 years (I see now that RBC has recently been appointed as the local agent, so hoepfull i can revive it)

Maybe why they have such a massive discount on this model. 

That, and the fact that they cant move stock.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&opi=89978449&url=https://road.cc/content/tech-news/what-treks-rightsizing-plans-mean-bike-industry-307233%23:~:text%3DIn%20the%20latest%20development%20in,Bicycle%20Retailer%20and%20Industry%20News%20.&ved=2ahUKEwiP19P6laWFAxUtQ6QEHWSlBlwQFnoECBMQBQ&usg=AOvVaw3NhHUbiafyZqtnQeHm2a3N

This is just the first special.  Expect more as the plot thickens ....

Many other brands in the same situation.

And there Cannondale starts with their pricing restructure as well. I love the way they word it to make it sound like they're doing you a huge favour but when times were good they were more than willing to fleece you for every penny. Interesting times indeed in the cycling industry.

Edited by BuffsVintageBikes

On 4/1/2024 at 2:54 PM, madmarc said:

Hard