Scott Spark Team AXS - Your opinion

Hi all ,

Looking to buy a Scott Spark RC Team AXS model.

Anyone that ride the same bike that can share some info regarding the comfort of the ride; suspension???

Also would like to know if a lot dirt gets into the new internal shock. seem to be a place where a lot of dirt can get in.

Your honest opinions please

Buy it. you will not regret it.

I have one, the ride is telepathic.

It gives me so much confidence over jumps or in the air.

had no issues at all with dirt so far. 

if you slam the bars the switch levers will contact the top tube in a fall which is irritating as mine is scratched now and its expensive to fix and will certainly happen again.

i did have the opportunity to swap out for the fox front fork, which i took. But thats personal preference. i just prefer the way fox forks ride.

i have no interest in owning another bike as yet, i really really love the way mine rides.

56 minutes ago, Furbz said:

Buy it. you will not regret it.

I have one, the ride is telepathic.

It gives me so much confidence over jumps or in the air.

had no issues at all with dirt so far. 

if you slam the bars the switch levers will contact the top tube in a fall which is irritating as mine is scratched now and its expensive to fix and will certainly happen again.

i did have the opportunity to swap out for the fox front fork, which i took. But thats personal preference. i just prefer the way fox forks ride.

i have no interest in owning another bike as yet, i really really love the way mine rides.

Awesome! Many thanks! 

Never ridden one, but from a maintenance perspective the internal everything is no worse for the shock than any other bike. Just keep up with servicing and all will be good.

The internal headset cable routing thing is a bit of a faff, especially when it's time to swap out the (proprietary) top headset bearing, so expect some extra labour there at service time.

As Droo noted, the headset routing is a pain in the rear. The headset bearing on the 910 I briefly owned started to show signs of corrosion after less than a month as there is nothing stopping water getting to it. I also found the rear shock bottomed really easily and there was no provision for volume spacers in the Fox shock on that bike. Other than those issues it rode very nicely. 

4 hours ago, Bichael Dewing said:

Scott = solid 

sram = solid

As an avid (pardon the pun) Sram fan with Sram on my bikes and riding Sram for the last 15 years, that statement is debatable 😅

6 minutes ago, Cat2forLife said:

As an avid (pardon the pun) Sram fan with Sram on my bikes and riding Sram for the last 15 years, that statement is debatable 😅

Everything’s always debatable.. 😉🤣