Ride from Pretoria to Durban

_Daemon_

Busy trying to plan this for early december, about 600km's down so roughly 200km's a day at the slowest rider's pace, which would be me, so it will be slow Big%20smile. Just trying to see who would be keen on something like this, if we are enough everyone can pitch in togheter and we can maybe get one of those sprinter van's as a support vehicle. 

There is a oom in Bronkhostspruit (Bob Wolf who cycled to Margate a year or so back. 

I would love to join, but I am working Angry

Hmmm... When in early December?

All depends when most people can make it. Maybe the first weekend in Dec?

Big%20smile

Next year perhaps...things like this is normally planned months ahead..most people are committed already....

"DTThumbs%20Up"

OK, it's like this... On the 3rd December I want to do the triathlon at Midmar right. So if we leave Saturday the 2nd December, could we ride 500km's on day 1, then we overnight at Midmar, I do the triathlon, Monday we back on the road and roll into Durbs by the afternoon, comfortably breaking all previous records for the distance!!! Clap What do you think? Embarrassed

Pantani2006-11-07 05:43:44

OK' date=' it's like this... On the 3rd December I want to do the triathlon at Midmar right. So if we leave Saturday the 2nd December, could we ride 500km's on day 1, then we overnight at Midmar, I do the triathlon, monday we back on the road and roll into Drubs by the afternoon, comfortably breaking all previous records for the distance!!! Clap What do you think? Embarrassed

[/quote']

I think your insane... LOL

Pantani you could do even better.

Time the riding so that you arrive at Midmar just before the off, suitably warmed up.  A cooling swim and a run followed by a bike ride (or is it the other way around?) and then cruise on out of there, with no nampy pamby "overnighting".

I am sure the organisers would be happy to mail your prize to you.

Bwahahahaha... "nampy pamby overnighting..." That sound so Detective Inspector Grim from The Thin Blue Line!!! Clap LOL

why not? 5 months ago a rider among our cycling group rides Maputo/Durban. I am going to pass your plan among the Mox cycling group leets see if somebody will join u along the way...