Stolen bike?

carlo_sg

<THROW CAT AMONGST PIGEONS>
It's also a crime not to wear a helmet while riding a bike on a public road.
</THROW CAT AMONGST PIGEONS>

Cool.. next time my garden boy comes to work on his bicycle, i'm gonna drag him to the cop shop and have him locked up.

In fact. Next time I go down to town, I'm performing citizens arrests on every single cyclist without a helmet...

<THROW CAT AMONGST PIGEONS>
It's also a crime not to wear a helmet while riding a bike on a public road.
</THROW CAT AMONGST PIGEONS>

Cool.. next time my garden boy comes to work on his bicycle' date=' i'm gonna drag him to the cop shop and have him locked up.

In fact. Next time I go down to town, I'm performing citizens arrests on every single cyclist without a helmet...

[/quote']

tsk tsk tsk .... aikona, old habits die hard

Guest colonel

Paul is actually not a bad guy I rode some distance withhim 1 day and asked him some questions. He says he doesnt race anymore after have a problem with his heart and it cant handle the intesity over a long period of time due to some fancy word eh used. He said he did race the odd league event back in his day but never won or anything like that. He also says he truelly loves cycling and speaking to riders up and down his route (which I guess is the Llandudno-town route) and enjoys sprinting them between lamp posts etc.

He is just a guy who loves cycling, if we wanna bitch about him not having a helmet I believe you can all just ****off and leave him alone on that one  as he brings no harm to anyone out on the roads and is totally enjoying himself and maybe if his bike has been stolen we all chip R150 over how many memebers here and we all get him a new one cause I believe this guys life will be over if he doesnt ride his route on weekends.

Guest colonel

In fact. Next time I go down to town' date=' I'm performing citizens arrests on every single cyclist without a helmet...

[/quote']

If you going to do the arrest you can start with Enzo Lezzy!!Wink

Thanks, Colonel. I was right, his name is Paul, and yes, the w@nkers here who bitch and moan about his lack of helmet should ****off.

Guys, about the helmet issue. If you want to ride with a helmet ride with one. If you see someone without a helmet on please dont try and act like a school prefect.

I have ridden most of my life without a helmet. I have crashed behind the motor bike at HNP at 90kmh without a helmet and nothing happened. I hit a car that jumped a robot at about 60 kmh and nothing happened.

Dont force your petty views on others. Rather make sure you have your own helmet on !!!

Guest colonel

Wear a helmet if you want to and if you dont want to then leave it at home-Simf**kingple. I can promise you now that if you as a person lose sleep over "X" not wearing a helmet you have serious issues in your life and need to go and get help cause you are a.....I dont even have a word for it its so pathetic.

The guys bike has more than likely been stolen and this guy-for those who dont know him or seen him cycling is HIS thing and I believe things will be very *** for this guy if he has no bike to ride so focus on the topic of his being stolen and trying to get it back than of him not wearing a f**king helmet and please get over yourselves.

I dont agree about his lack of helmet, but he is a true character and always good fun, hope he never lands on his head, it would be a loss to CT cycling.

20080805_011232_phone_pics_004.jpg

That's Paul. Always on the road, and sometimes with a helmet. Nice guy, harmless. Would be sad if hi bike was stolen. Then again, maybe he gave it to his son or something??

All this unnecessary swearing and use of bad language. Use a helmet, don't do it - no one can force you to use one, not even the police.

From what I hear Paul's a nice guy. If he chooses not to wear a helmet let him be. If he has an accident with head injuries that could have been avoided it's his own responsibility. If he has medical help and they decide to reduce their cover of medical costs or not to pay anything in such an event he can't complain.

Ride that bike!

All this unnecessary swearing and use of bad language. Use a helmet' date=' don't do it - no one can force you to use one, not even the police.
From what I hear Paul's a nice guy. If he chooses not to wear a helmet let him be. If he has an accident with head injuries that could have been avoided it's his own responsibility. If he has medical help and they decide to reduce their cover of medical costs or not to pay anything in such an event he can't complain.
Ride that bike!
[/quote']

Well said. ClapClapClapClap

Back to the issue of the posssibly stolen bike...

Alarm bells rang in my head for the following reasons:

I recognised the bike as it's very distinctive with the yellow and black frame and 4-spoke spinergy wheels, as we all know "Paul" rides.

The young man riding the bike was not in cycling kit, rather was wearing a white and red tracksuit (similar to those seen in Hip Hop videos), neither was he wearing cycling shoes - which I thought was unusual.

When I turned my head to get a better look, he immediately changed direction, and headed down a side road.

When I turned my car to follow he went down an alley where I could not access.

Perhaps "Paul" has sold his bike to this guy, but he was not dressed like a cyclist, and I became suspicious escpecially because I associated that bike with "Paul".

I think the issue here is, Was his bike stolen, if so, could people in the area of Wynberg, Plumstead, be on the lookout. We might not all agree with his riding habits. But we all would be distraught if our bikes were stolen, and would appreciate if people would join together to help find it.