Simonsvlei

stringbean

MW -  IMO getting a podium is not necessary to be considered a success in SV.

Ironically however' date=' riding for a team like Vineyard BikeMax is actually his best chance of getting a podium - just ask Fatty. By riding in the front and getting in the breaks, making the racing etc - not only do you get fitter and faster but you also find that one day you are in a break that stays away.

On top of that it ensures you play a part and do not just sit in and try to survive in the pack - but that's a personal choice I guess each rider has to make Wink

[/quote']

ErmmErmmmm, I was lucky enough to be having lunch with the great Marius yesterday after the race.  Dude, you have no idea how far Marius is from breaking away from the SV bunch.  Stay away???  PLEASE!!!Wacko

Unless of course if Marius is just giving me truckloads of BS to keep me off his back as to why he's being dropped so early in every SV race.  But I think not...

Well MW you are obviously the expert in league racing so I guess we will just have to leave it at that..

Bikemax are you sure you're quoting the right post dudeConfused.  Sarcasm is only any good if you use it wisely.  My inexperience at league racing has nothing to do with what Marius says after a race.  In Marius' own words: "Ek ry flatout en ek breek nie eens weg van die SV bunch af nie dude!".  I think Marius is the only expert at how well he is really doing in SV.

Yes, on that we can agree - which is why I find it strange that it is you posting about his racing more than he is. He has taken a pragmatic approach and accepted that he has work to do but is going to get there.

You on the oher hand are keen to tell him he is simply out of his depth and that he will never get away in a break etc etc based on him telling you how hard the race was yesterday.

Your inexperience is releveant because in fact it is very possible for a weaker rider to get away and due to the fact he is no threat, be allowed to stay away to the finish. Marius has the ability right now to do just that if the timing was right and the circumstances dictated.

Of course he struggled yesterday - most of us did due to the fast start but that does not mean we are out of our depth (I don't think)

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Why is there so much tension amongst you Cape riders, what's with the negative comments about everyone's riding? You sound like a bunch of jealous Sandton chicks fighting over shoes or something..

Good point Bikemax, and like I said:  I'll be the first to admit that I was the a$$hole to even suggest that he quit SV racing.  From where I stand it does not look as if Marius is enjoying his cyling as much as he used to.  I guess time will tell whether that is ever going to change.

Maybe I'm just missing riding funrides with himEmbarrassed.

Why is there so much tension amongst you Cape riders' date=' what's with the negative comments about everyone's riding? You sound like a bunch of jealous Sandton chicks fighting over shoes or something.. [/quote']

LOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLClapClapClapClapClapClap

Good point Bikemax' date=' and like I said:  I'll be the first to admit that I was the a$$hole to even suggest that he quit SV racing.  From where I stand it does not look as if Marius is enjoying his cyling as much as he used to.  I guess time will tell whether that is ever going to change.

Maybe I'm just missing riding funrides with himEmbarrassed.
[/quote']

Well I really hope that he is enjoying it but if he isn't then I would be the first to encourage him to leave the team and ride in a more relaxed fashion.

I have to admit that there are always times and rides where I question my ability - yetserday was one of those, so I do understand.

Big%20smile

Why is there so much tension amongst you Cape riders' date=' what's with the negative comments about everyone's riding? You sound like a bunch of jealous Sandton chicks fighting over shoes or something.. [/quote']

LOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLClapClapClapClapClapClap

That's a very good analogy considering all the egotistical Prima Donnas' we have riding down here.

well glad you guys are finished fighting over me, thx MW and thx BikeMax, the one my close friend the other my Team Mate, both wants what's best for me, thx guys, did not know I mean that much to you's. MW, I'll keep on trying the SV thing, I'll give a a few years, like 2 I think, if I don't see a improvement I'll came ride with you in the funride bunches, ok!Smile

YAW!

What the hell is going on here, just had a look at this thread now and I am shocked!

My statement about stopping the leagues has resulted in a full blown war!

Well i have decided that leagues are not for me but I will race elite next year and show ya'll what i am truly capable of...... So if u think u can beat the hotstuff, then i challenge ya'll to join elite next year and we can duel it out in the hardest arena of them all.

I will now withdraw into summer hibernation where i will train under the guidance of myself and the Jedi force upon which i will return and progressivley improve until i am once again at the top!

Watch out!

May the force be with me and always in your face! LOL

I would guess that if you can't take the heat in SV, you not going to have much joy in elite, unless you quit your dayjob Wink

on the flats, elite and SV pretty similar, but the huge difference comes on the climbs!

I would guess that if you can't take the heat in SV' date=' you not going to have much joy in elite, unless you quit your dayjob Wink

on the flats, elite and SV pretty similar, but the huge difference comes on the climbs![/quote']

Yes, it is certainly not going to make life easier - the attacks are also pretty frequent in Elite but as you say, the climbs are faster.

I would guess that if you can't take the heat in SV' date=' you not going to have much joy in elite, unless you quit your dayjob Wink

on the flats, elite and SV pretty similar, but the huge difference comes on the climbs![/quote']

By January next year, i will be climbing very fast.........

But yeah i agree with you, competing at the highest level requires more commitment than i am able to give so i will do the best i can.

Actually the main reason I will be riding elite is to join up with some of my other mates who race elite, basically have a jol, seeing as thou next season will be my last in SA for a couple of years. May have to hang up my wheels for a while Cry

As long as i get some greek goddess who looks like Britney Spears or Paris Hilton I will be happy.

Think i will go to ibizia and trip out something cronic with some hot babe doing ...... the nasty ..... ooops was i thinking aloud LOL

Sure beats riding a bike Wink

Sub vets is pretty hard as well though, don't get me wrong, i was unpleasantly surprised when i raced with them, You should try it sometime they are fierce!!!!!!

By January next year, i will be climbing very fast.........

But yeah i agree with you, competing at the highest level requires more commitment than i am able to give so i will do the best i can.

Actually the main reason I will be riding elite is to join up with some of my other mates who race elite, basically have a jol, seeing as thou next season will be my last in SA for a couple of years. May have to hang up my wheels for a while Cry

As long as i get some greek goddess who looks like Britney Spears or Paris Hilton I will be happy.

Think i will go to ibizia and trip out something cronic with some hot babe doing ...... the nasty ..... ooops was i thinking aloud LOL

Sure beats riding a bike Wink

Why your last season ? Where ya goin ?

I am sure you are gonna have a great 94.7 - the old TooHot back form the past to wreak his terrible revenge on all the doubters.. (sh*t, I am beginning to sound like you...LOL)

So, how many of you squabbling Capies gonna come ride the 94.7??  Or are you too busy beating the cr@p out of each other LOL