Klein Joostenberg - nou weet ek ook...

nellie

...hoe dit voel om te "bonk"

Race het baie lekker begin...die SWIFT-Masters bunch het teen 'n lekker pas die race aangepak en ek en my teammate was altwee lekker opgepsyche.

So +/- 15km in my eerste papwiel vir die dag gekry. Ja okay, fine...dit reggemaak, wiel ingesit, weer op die fiets geklim en stadig maar seker weer die groepe wat verbygekom het begin inhaal.

Toe die re?n liggies begin val was dit soos 'n antwoord op gebed!Big%20smile Weer bietjie krag gekry te danke aan die re?n en toe NOG 'n papwiel gekryAngryarghhhh!!!!

Daarna wou ek net by die einde uitkom en die 10km bordjie wou net nie gou genoeg kom nie(ry nie met 'n speedo nie, so moes maar raai waar ek is) Naar, lam en met 'n dronk gevoel in my kop...Deadin en uit seker 6 bondels gagaan - val hier af, gaan daar verby ens. 

En toe vir die laaste 10km het 'n hele bondel vol mansmense my laat voorwerkAngryAngry(maar omdat ek net by die einde wou kom het ek dit eers by 3-4km to go agtergekom) en was toe te moeg om met hulle te stry, so het maar so aangehou tot by die eindstreep. Hulle het ten minste die decency gehad om my nie te probeer sprint nie.

Maar wel...bonk, crash, pyn, seerkry, af-dae - wat okal - is als deel van die sport en almal het dit een of ander tyd, so ek vat dit as 'n learning experience.Big%20smileThumbs%20Up 

Btw...wie was die BikeMax ou wat van voor af gekom en my gegroet het?

sounds like a tough day.  I went training after the race for some extra DC mileage and got absolutly drenched!! thought I was going to get struck by lightning too as it was forking all around me. luckily no punctures for me tho..

Race het baie lekker begin...die SWIFT-Masters bunch het teen 'n lekker pas die race aangepak en ek en my teammate was altwee lekker opgepsyche.

So +/- 15km in my eerste papwiel vir die dag gekry. Ja okay' date=' fine...dit reggemaak, wiel ingesit, weer op die fiets geklim en stadig maar seker weer die groepe wat verbygekom het begin inhaal.

Toe die re?n liggies begin val was dit soos 'n antwoord op gebed!Big%20smile Weer bietjie krag gekry te danke aan die re?n en toe NOG 'n papwiel gekryAngryarghhhh!!!!

Daarna wou ek net by die einde uitkom en die 10km bordjie wou net nie gou genoeg kom nie(ry nie met 'n speedo nie, so moes maar raai waar ek is) Naar, lam en met 'n dronk gevoel in my kop...Deadin en uit seker 6 bondels gagaan - val hier af, gaan daar verby ens. 

En toe vir die laaste 10km het 'n hele bondel vol mansmense my laat voorwerkAngryAngry(maar omdat ek net by die einde wou kom het ek dit eers by 3-4km to go agtergekom) en was toe te moeg om met hulle te stry, so het maar so aangehou tot by die eindstreep. Hulle het ten minste die decency gehad om my nie te probeer sprint nie.

Maar wel...bonk, crash, pyn, seerkry, af-dae - wat okal - is als deel van die sport en almal het dit een of ander tyd, so ek vat dit as 'n learning experience.Big%20smileThumbs%20Up 

[/quote']

Nellie - can you translate pls ??

So +/- 15km in my eerste papwiel vir die dag gekry. Ja okay' date=' fine...dit reggemaak, wiel ingesit, weer op die fiets geklim en stadig maar seker weer die groepe wat verbygekom het begin inhaal.

[/quote']

you happy again? must have consumed tons of chocolate and sweets to cheer you up from all this Ouch

After doing lots of work at the front for the first 30/35km, I got dropped with 7km to go, lost  about 40sec - 1min on the group  (in Gr. E now) Cry my legs felt terrible before that wind, so the cross wind really finished me off...

I guess it was just one of those days when the body and legs say "no way hose' !" so I came home and swam Thumbs%20Up that was great!

How was everyone else's race...?

SV started at a reasonable pace,until Robbie puncturedCry ,then all hell broke loose.It was like  2hrs killarney .Great days racing.Great to see mountain bikers ending  1st,2nd and 3rd in league.SV league has been great this season.Big%20smileClap

LOLLOLoi, oi...okay BikeMax...especially for you!Wink

here goes...

Now i know how it feels to bonk too...

It started out as a fun day...our bunch started at a nice pace and my team mate and i were both very excited and psyched up.

Got a flat about 15kms in, fixed it and slowly began to catch the bunches that passed me while i was fixing my wheel.

It began to rain, which i loved, but then got another flatAngry

When i got on the biek again i didn't feel very well (drowsy, weak and nauseas(sp?))and i only wanted to get to the end.Dead Was by far the longest 80-odd km i've done!Ouch

Towed a whole bunch of men for the last 10km AngryAngry(but was so worn out that i only noticed this with about 3-4km to go) was way too tired to fight it out with them at that stage, so carried on in front for the remainder of the race. At least they had the decency to not try and sprint me for the line.

Oh well...bonk, crash, pain, strain, etc. are all part of the sport and everyone experiences it some time, so i'll take today as a learning experience.Big%20smileThumbs%20Up

Btw...who was they BikeMax guy that turned around on the route and greeted me when he came past?

you happy again? must have consumed tons of chocolate and sweets to cheer you up from all this Ouch

LOLWhy should i not be happy? (and NNNOOOOOO! i didn't touch any of the forbidden stuffWink)

As i said: it happens (same as with my last crash)...i don't like to go moping around for days on end if something bad happens to come up once in a while. It's life, and if i'm on my bike 290-odd days of the year - what's one or two bad days?

I absolutely love my sport and take the good with the bad.HugHeart

Hell...i'll go training tomorrow, have one adrenalin rush and today's pain will only be a vague memoryTongue

I absolutely love my sport and take the good with the bad.HugHeart

Hell...i'll go training tomorrow' date=' have one adrenalin rush and today's pain will only be a vague memoryTongue
[/quote']

That's the best kind of attitude, I also didn't get the result I wanted yesterday in the 94.7 which I have been training for all year Ouch.

But like you say you have to put it down to experience and at least we can look forward to the next training ride and now that the pressure is off for a bit I can enjoy it more. Big%20smile

Did you guys have alot of rain/wind?

Don't know about the rest, but we had a light drizzle here and there. Wind was another story though...on some of the back stretches i could really have done without it, on the way back the side wind was quite strong but the tail wind played along nicely in the last 7-8km!Thumbs%20Up

LOLLOLoi' date=' oi...okay BikeMax...especially for you!Wink

here goes...

Now i know how it feels to bonk too...

It started out as a fun day...our bunch started at a nice pace and my team mate and i were both very excited and psyched up.

Got a flat about 15kms in, fixed it and slowly began to catch the bunches that passed me while i was fixing my wheel.

It began to rain, which i loved, but then got another flatAngry

When i got on the biek again i didn't feel very well (drowsy, weak and nauseas(sp?))and i only wanted to get to the end.Dead Was by far the longest 80-odd km i've done!Ouch

Towed a whole bunch of men for the last 10km AngryAngry(but was so worn out that i only noticed this with about 3-4km to go) was way too tired to fight it out with them at that stage, so carried on in front for the remainder of the race. At least they had the decency to not try and sprint me for the line.

Oh well...bonk, crash, pain, strain, etc. are all part of the sport and everyone experiences it some time, so i'll take today as a learning experience.Big%20smileThumbs%20Up

Btw...who was they BikeMax guy that turned around on the route and greeted me when he came past?
[/quote']

Thanks Big%20smile

I think it must have been Riaan Joubert (if he was a sub vet rider) - he turned round on the course after killing himself trying to pull Robby back to the bunch after his puncture.