Tired and weak legs

AuctionLamb

Howzit guys!

Need some help here. Maybe I am a dumbass or acting stupid here.....I train quite hard, doing some hills in the week, a long ride, and about 2 semi hard riding sessions. I rest 2 days a week

What I do not understand is about 3 to 4 weeks ago my legs just feel tired and weak. One day I feel great and strong but then the next 3 to 4 days my legs just has nothing.CryDead

Must I stretch more? Go for more frequent massages? About a month/6 weeks ago I was a pretty good form by from there is went all downhill from there. I do take my rest weeks though. Just had a *(%&% shocket a Muldersvlei League race. The last few races the people I race easily with drop me like a sack of patatoes!Ouch

<?:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

Well as you know I AM a qualified coach, so what I'll do is, let you next ride be a RECOVERY RIDE. Nothing over lets say 70% MHR. Also, do you warm up and Cool down properly?? I use to skip that part but it's critical to include them after a hard session to speed up the recovery process.

Mmm, wow, I almost sound believable ha ha ha LOL

think you are training to hard to often and don;t have enough Recovery rides' date=' I may be wrong. Stern%20Smile[/quote']

Don't let him off so easy. Big%20smile

You need to ride more and harder!!!Wink Then the weak tired feeling will be replaced by a numb ache...

Marius - stop talking crap (if you took a few less recovery rides and trained harder...)

AL, it is unlikely that your legs would be feeling like this from the training load you describe.

Are you generally feeling tired and demotivated etc or is it just your legs ?

Sounds likely to be some other problem than the training load - diet, stress, sleep, illness , allergy ??

Bikemax, I am very motivated but after this weekend it is quite difficult to get into things because I did train a bit more intense but surely it must make you stronger and not weaker. I have rest days but maybe I do not rest enough. I do not think it is the diet though because I feel good/heart rate low but just the FREAKIN legs does not want to go!!

I want to try out the teazers massage sometime.....any ideas will help so I have to do it and see for myself if it is good or not.....they only massage the middle leg.Thumbs%20Up

Have to get right before this weekends DC!!

Bikemax' date=' I am very motivated but after this weekend it is quite difficult to get into things because I did train a bit more intense but surely it must make you stronger and not weaker. I have rest days but maybe I do not rest enough. I do not think it is the diet though because I feel good/heart rate low but just the FREAKIN legs does not want to go!!

I want to try out the teazers massage sometime.....any ideas will help so I have to do it and see for myself if it is good or not.....they only massage the middle leg.Thumbs%20Up

Have to get right before this weekends DC!!
[/quote']

Well, the bottom line is that if you are unable to train effectively then you should rest for a day or two.

There may be many reasons for this but as a rule we always advise people that of they cannot train in the prescribed zone, then they should rest a day and try again.

Given that DC is a long, tough ride you would be advised to rest and keep any riding to a low intensity for the time being.

Good luck.

Given that DC is a long, tough ride you would be advised to rest and keep any riding to a low intensity for the time being.

IE = recovery rides as per Dr Marius, Sports Psycholgist Big%20smile

Please note that Teazers massages have been known to have the opposite effect, i.e. they can actually stiffen up certain muscles, particularly in the groin area.  Making it very difficult to sit on a bicycle saddle with tight lycra pants on!!