Bad days on the bike

Hype

Went out this morning and had one of those days where you just don't feel in "the zone".

The legs are feeling a bit pap and you after a few km's you have a feeling that maybe you shouldn't be out on the road.

On days like that is it good to just push through or is it better to just head back home and go back to bed ?

Is there a benefit for pushing on or is your body trying to tell you to just get more rest ?

Big%20smile

Bad days on the bike or days when I don't want to ride I sit back with a good book or work in the garden reflecting on recovery instead of pushing on to nothing positive...

"DTThumbs%20Up"

Hey a bad day on the bike is still  better than a good day at work!

I would still ride but just take it easy and enjoy the scenery.

When the legs feel tired I also change it to a recovery ride. Easy gears, 50% heart rate for a max of 40 minutes just to aid recovery.

Tough call - without some sort of direc measurment you are just guessing. I have had some of my best sessions when feeling sluggish and some por ones when feeling fresh.

Maybe you need some sort of check and balance to see how you are actually performing (distance marker on a climb or some such)

Many times when you feel poor or tired, the best bet is to go home and rest and try the next day but there are certainly times when to do this means missing a very good session.

I think i  could well be an expert in the field of bad days on the bike

I dont measure them in days now rather years Wink LOL

I'd say get some nice music, just relax on the bike and whatever you do...don't push yourself if you're not up to it.

Ignore the speedo if it wants to dip under 15km/h and the same for the HRM(ride at flippen 40% if it is what you are comfortable with at that stage). Also find a loop close to you which you can do a few times, and if you're tired after one or two rounds, nothing stops you from heading home!

Doing these things sometimes i have really had some of the most enjoyable days on the bike! Did it one day in last week(a few hills included - even though i think if i went any slower the bike would have toppled overEmbarrassed) and loved it! Just me, my bike and the beautiful farms etc.!Tongue

Michelle also had one on Sunday... All the effort and training = Bad Day... but it's how you pick yourself up from it that determines how strong you really are and I'm sure Michelle's gonna hurt me in the next few training sessions... What did Lance say? He only has good and great days... so Michelle, Sunday was a good day!

Jaco & Ren? (well Ren? mostly) unfortunately had one of them Baaaaadddd Days on Sunday in the 94.7Dead
OK Jason, I'm gonna have to rephrase that day then....

Jaco & Ren? (well Ren? mostly) unfortunately only had one of them Goooodddd Days on Sunday in the 94.7 instead of their customary Great days...

Jaco & Ren? (well Ren? mostly) unfortunately had one of them Baaaaadddd Days on Sunday in the 94.7Dead

OK Jason' date=' I'm gonna have to rephrase that day then....

Jaco & Ren? (well Ren? mostly) unfortunately only had one of them Goooodddd Days on Sunday in the 94.7 instead of their customary Great days...
[/quote']

Clap... all about being positive hey! ApproveSmile

Well' date=' they did finish in 02:49:59 which cannot be classed as bad... you're right!!![/quote'] And that's on a Bad... I mean good day! Imagine them on a great day... nee nee... my bene kramp al klaar! Confused

Guest Michelle

Thanks Jason Heart

I guess it wasn't a great day for TCS... but we'll be back Evil%20Smile