Ses fietsryers dam oupa by n? hy vir hull

Call Me Crazy

Man, kry vir grappie en maak haar los op die oom.  Arm ding, boek solank sy plek in Weskoppies

• Replies 248
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

widget' date=' thats a bit harsh. What they did is not right. But I have to agree with some of the posts, ask Elsa Karsten, Annelie and the other cyclists who were knocked of their bikes by impatient drivers, while they were keeping to the road rules and riding behind ach other. On top of that Annelie had a hit and run and what happened to the driver when they caught him - NOTHING. They were lucky to get away alive but what about the man that was knocked and killed. That  is "absolutely disgracefull and I hope the full weight of the law is brought against these mobsters. "

I don't agree with violent behaviour because one wrong does not correct another wrong, but cyclists are getting fed up with the attitude of drivers and the lack of  law, that the cyclists have.

[/quote']

Its not harsh at all Shammy Rash, two wrongs dont make a right, of course we run the risk of been knocked over and many of us do, is that a licence to now beat up defenseless old men??

If you venture into the lions territory and get mauled is this a reason to eliminate and injure lions?

i agree we need to wait for the other side of the story, and all cyclists cant be blamed for the &%^holes who do take the whole road when doing their morning ride and believe motorists has to go around them.....and if this OUPA got all agro for nothing, and tried to knock the group over(when they were riding in single file)Ermm....... then he deserves the DONNER !!!!!Star

Widget......You are very one sided here.....do you believe the media THAT easy?????

What a disgrace' date=' six able bodied young cyclists attack a 60 year old man with pepper spray and fists and its somehow condoned by some???[/quote']

I do not condone it......maar dood het 'n oorsaak.   

What next' date=' do you baseball club the cashier at your local supermarket because they were impolite or the cleaner because they left the floor wet and you fell.??[/quote']

Do you for ONE moment think this old man did not ENDANGER THEIR LIVES???  One moment WIDGET?? 

Cyclists are not above the law' date=' cyclists are not some kind of elitist group who can do and say as they feel fit,[/quote']

No WE as cyclists are not.....hence they will be punished for their poor actions.......

cyclists are not in a position to take the law into their own hands' date=' cyclists are not in a position to defer their anger on defenseless old men.[/quote']

Widget....he was not defenseless....he had a 2 ton steel cage moving at a killing speed and threatening lifes with it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Don't forget that.  Cars KILL cyclists.  No bruses....no scratches....no deedles needed.  KILL!!!

Its an absolutely disgracefull situation and I hope the full weight of the law is brought against these mobsters. 

This is now the same law we are speaking of that has Zuma free of Rape and corruption and that other dude having weekend brakes out of jail?????

This is all a big joke. 

Stop judging and lets see where all this hype is going to......

And in the mean time the newspaper is making lots of money and the road users will get more aggressive and will get away with it.......

LOVE OUR COUNTRY!!

Bedfordview is a pain as it's full of A-type personalites whether on bikes in cars or on foot.

Yesterday saw a guy running on centre line of Van Buuren in traffic for a K or so at 7:30 in the morning - that's got a low life expectancy.

Sat. morning 8:00 it's joggers 4 a breast wheezing there way back to Virgin Active.

Jees some people, if only everyone was right, like me.smiley4.gif

Kontak Beeld

Skakelbord Johannesburg: 011 7139000 | Pretoria: 012 4207808

Redakteur
Peet Kruger
Assistent
Corrie Knoesen

Senior adjunkredakteur
Charles Naud?
Henry Jeffreys
Adjunkredakteur
Marga Ley
Andriette Stofberg
Senior assistentredakeur
Dirk Jordaan
Gallie van Rensburg
Assistentredakteur
Willem Kempen

Regspesialis
Philip de Bruin
Kommentaar
Ferdi Greyling

Redakteur Afrika
Liesl Louw

Redakteur Perde
Etienne Louw

Tot u diens
Ina Opperman

Jip
Donnay Torr

Spotprent
Frans Esterhuyse

Johannesburg Nuusredakteur
Ingrid Pepler
Assistentnuusredakteur
Jo Prins
Assistent
Kim Snyders
Versl*ggewers
Adriaan Basson
Deon de Lange
Jo-Ann Floris
Lucia Swart
Jaco Nel
Waldimar Pelser
Katrien Smit
Sonnette Lombaard
Borrie la Grange
Alicetine October
Carla Mouton
Marlise Scheepers
Carina van Wyk

Noordwes
Linda de Beer
Mpumalanga
Buks Viljoen
Limpopo
Marietie Louw
KwaZulu/Natal
Dries Liebenberg
Vaaldriehoek
Elise Tempelhoff
Wes-Beeld
Marthinus van Vuuren
Oosrand-Beeld
Wolfram Zwecker
Tshwane-Beeld
Hettien Strauss
Pretoria Nuusredakteur
Erika de Beer
Assistent
Connie Tait
Annie Olivier
Delia du Toit
Pieter du Toit
Erika Gibson
Neels Jackson
Virginia Kepler
Liela Magnus
Nicolize Mulder
Alet Rademeyer
Christel Raubenheimer
Antoinette Oosthuizen
Eagan Williamson
Antoinette Slabbert
Neldi Faure

Politiek
Jan-Jan Joubert
Liezel de Lange
Deon de Lange

Redakteur Fotos
Dawid Roux
Hooffotograaf
Halden Krog
Johannesburg
Alan Murdoch
Siddique Davids
Lisa Skinner
Johann Hattingh
Simphiwe Nkwali
Pretoria
Leon Botha
Brenda Muller
Felix Dlangamandla
Deaan Vivier
Alet Pretorius

Redakteur Sake
Charles Naud?
Assistent
Zonika de Wet
Jan de Lange
Amanda Visser
Elma Kloppers
Maarten Mittner
Mathabo le Roux
Jana Marais
Petro Lowies
Andre Janse van Vuuren

Redakteur Plus
Christa Smuts
Elfra Erasmus
Kobus Burger
Johan Myburg
Amanda de Lange
Jacques Liebenberg
Janine Morris
Thys Odendaal
Valda Jansen

Redakteur Pols
Jo van Eeden
Mariska van Rooyen

Redakteur Sport
Gert van der Westhuizen
Pieter Kruger
Hennie Brandt
Liam del Carme
Christo Buchner
Jaco van der Merwe
Marjolein van der Stad
Ettienne van Rensburg
De Jongh Borchardt
Morris Gilbert
Wilhelm de Swardt

Redakteur Motors
Leo Kok
Steven van der Merwe

pkruger@beeld.com

cknoesen@beeld.com

cmnaude@beeld.com
hjeffreys@beeld.com

mley@beeld.com
astofber@beeld.com

Djordaan@beeld.com
gvanrens@beeld.com

Wkempen@beeldcom

pdebruir@beeld.com

ferdi@beeld.com

llouw@beeld.com

elouw1@beeld.com

totudien@beeld.com

Dtorr@beeld.com

Festerhuyse@beeld.com

ipepler@beeld.com

Jprins@beeld.com

Ksnyders@beeld.com

abasson@beeld.com
ddelange@beeld.com
jfloris@beeld.com
lswart1@beeld.com
Jnel1@beeld.com
Waldimar@beeld.com
Ksmit1@beeld.com
slombaard@beeld.com
Blagrange@beeld.com
Aoctober@beeld.com
cmouton@beeld.com
mscheepers@beeld.com
Cvanwyk2@beeld.com

ldebeer2@beeld.com

Bviljoen@beeld.com

Mlouw1@beeld.com

drieslb@worldonline.co.za

eliset@beeld.com

mvvuuren@beeld.com

wzwecker@beeld.com

hstrauss@beeld.com

Edebeer1@beeld.com

Ctait@beeld.com
aolivier@beeld.com
Ddutoit@beeld.com
Pdutoit@beeld.com
Egibson@beeld.com
njackson@beeld.com
Vkeppler@beeld.com
lmagnus@beeld.com
nmulder@beeld.com
arademey@beeld.com
craubenh@beeld.com
apretorius@beeld.com
ewilliam@beeld.com
Aslabbert@beeld.com
Nstrydom@beeld.com

jjoubert@beeld.com
Ldelange@beeld.com
Ddelange@beeld.com

droux@beeld.com

hkrog@beeld.com

amurdoch@beeld.com
sdavids2@beeld.com
lskinner@beeld.com
Jhattingh1@beeld.com
Snkwali@beeld.com

Lbotha1@beeld.com
bmuller@beeld.com
Fdlanga@beeld.com
dvivier@beeld.com
apretorius@beeld.com

Cmnaude@beeld.com

Zdewet@beeld.com
Jdelange@beeld.com
Avisser@beeld.com
Ekloppers@beeld.com
Mmittner@beeld.com
Mathabo@beeld.com
Jmarais@beeld.com
Plowies@beeld.com
Ajvvuure@beeld.com

smuts1@beeld.com
eerasmus@beeld.com
Kburger@beeld.com
jmyburg@beeld.com
adelange@beeld.com
jliebenberg@beeld.com
Jmorris@beeld.com
Modendaa@beeld.com
Vjansen@beeld.com

jvaneeden@beeld.com
mvrooyen@beeld.com

gvanderw@beeld.com
Pkruger1@beeld.com
hbrandt@beeld.com
Ldelcarm@beeld.com
cbuchner@beeld.com
jvander@beeld.com
mvanders@beeld.com
Evanrens@beeld.com
dborchardt@beeld.com
Jgilbert@beeld.com
pdesward@beeld.com

lkok@beeld.com
svanderm@beeld.com

Don't forget that it was in Bedfordview that those 2 runners got knocked down and killed a couple of months ago.

Maybe it's Befordview drivers ?

shammy rash: thanx for the info, but the invite is addressed to BEELD to approach this public forum, not to enter into private discussion through e-mails away from the Hub...

...still waiting for BEELD to come on record...

yaaaaa, die dag as die perde horings kry. hulle lawe en troos seker nou die ou ballie wat niks verkeerd gedoen het nie...

Hallelujah??I praise those six cyclists, long overdue brothers. Now where is the brotherhood in you cyclists. Yes, they did break the law, but we(cyclists) all will benefit from what they did so lets support them, they have done wrong I agree but hey man, they are our brothers. What if they were knocked down or killed by Oupa? 

<?:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

I also have a long cycling CV(with accidents and shot at) and always feel like an insect when cycling. I refuse to ride on busy roads, but even so, OUPA?s in their diesel bakkies are my greatest concern as a cyclist and I rate them below taxi?s even and I say that from experience. 

I commute to work on my motorcycle everyday, comes rain or shine and on the m/cycle I feel like Moses, the traffic just opens up like the sea did for him. Why, because of my bad ass biker brothers and not all bikers are like that, but shyte man, we all benefit. If a car can almost run over pavements or even pull over and stop to make space for a biker, why can?t they do the same for cyclists?

Well done guys and in a group of 40 cyclists chances are 99% that there was an Oupa in there too you know.

I have the following question .... If these guys are to be apprehended, would they be prosecuted the same way as a motorist that runs a cyclist over?  If that is the case, they should just hand themselves over.  Nothing to worry about.  The law will do nothing in that case.

Chances are however that they will prosecute them.   I just wish that motorist would be charged the same way these will be.

Just for the record.  I do not condone what these guys did, but I will give a motorist a part of my mind if he threatens my life and if after that he decides to show any aggression to me after that, I will retaliate.

OUPA is NOT innocent.

BEELD, thanks for fuelling an already unstable and volitile situation on our roads.  Sleep well tonight on a job well done.

Hey MintSauce....

Very well though out post!!!Thumbs%20Up

Thanks for your valuble contribution......makes life a lot more of a learning experience.....Clap

...still waiting for BEELD to come on record...

yaaaaa' date=' die dag as die perde horings kry. hulle lawe en troos seker nou die ou ballie wat niks verkeerd gedoen het nie...
[/quote']

They sell their paper in public, surely they know how to participate in a public internet forum...?