Carbon, integrated shock seatpost

Brakkies Sport Fotos

RX Carbon

Soft 300mm - 316g Satin Carbon

Medium 300mm - 316g Satin Carbon

Hard 300mm - 316g Satin Carbon

It looks like you get 3 diff. setups

Now if you use one off these on the carbon hardtail, is this going to be a good option?

What is the advantages? Dis-Advantages ?

Who is using one of this on his MTB?

20061122_015009_shock_post.jpg

THese posts only help when you are sitting down. you will still get alot of bobbing when you stand.

Ask Slowpoke, she's got a Thudbuster.

Also it changes the distance from the top of your saddle to the centre of you BB constantly, not sure if this is a good or a bad thing but I quite like my seat height staying stable.

Not really going to keep the rear wheel down over the rough stuff like a rear shock would. Means less traction on bumpy uphills, but a more comfortable bum!

Mampara - I read this post sitting and standing but no bob' date=' am I doing something wrong?[/quote']

LOLLOLLOL  ClapClap

LOL

Mampara - I read this post sitting and standing but no bob' date=' am I doing something wrong?[/quote']

Are you making fun of me? I will get my other five buddies to beat you up and spray you with pepper spray.

Are you making fun of me? I will get my other five buddies to beat you up and spray you with pepper spray.

YOU better watch it.  As a MTBer BigBen uses pepper spray for deodorant!!!

5 buddies and pepper spray? I scoff at that! You should have seen us last week 2 against 8, and did we stuff those 2 up! You better believe it.

Back to the SHOCK - only buy that seatpost when you're really tired of using your knees... actually, it would just be easier to get the Cycling 6 to smash them with a baseball bat. As mentioned, your seatpost length changes constantly and plays havoc on knees... if you're gonna go that way, rather get a Thudbuster as the parallelogram design reduces this effect.

If you're going to do the Epic, rather get a DS !

Failing that, then a Thudbuster seatpost will help alleviate some of the pain your A$$ is going to feel Big%20smile

Popeye, don't listen to the naysayers. They work very well and you don't bob up & down the whole time - the spring strength keeps you at the top of the stroke until you hit a bump. My partner used one on Epic & it worked like a bomb. You don't want the SX though - that's the short travel road version. You want the XCR carbon. Check them all out on the USE website http://www.use1.com/

Thanks Monty.

Thug, I did this years Epic on a Trance2, I own a Dual Suspension bike. smiley2.gif

I just though of going faster, bit stiffer on the climbs (but also don't want to break the spinal cord)