Training / Natural Talent?

Jean-Jay

I agree with u somewhat' date=' but i made the mistake of overtraining lately and i did very bad.

[/quote']

But, as far as cycling goes, I don't think I have ever heard a pro talk of being over trained... And these guys (I'm sure) spend a hell of a lot more time on the bike than us.

a lot more time to train and a lot more time to rest

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

That's what I mean about so-called overtraining... poorly structured or timed training, trying to push too much into too short a space of time.

What TNT1 said!

"Under resting" is a much more informative term.

And now that we have ascertained that tooHot!!! is deffinly not too smart, he doesn't recover sufficiently from training and parties too hearty to race properly...there's the issue of natural talent vs. training.  I think the best example here is the difference between what we know of Jan Ullrich and Lance Armstrong. 

I have no doubt that a chunk of what we "know" about Lance Armstrong is PR, but his attention to detail is widely documented.  Whereas Der Kaiser, often referred to as "the most talented cyclist of his generation", what with reversing his Porsche over motorbikes and being best for E seems (or perhaps seemed) to have an approach uncannily like that of tooHot!!!.

That's what I mean about so-called overtraining... poorly structured or timed training' date=' trying to push too much into too short a space of time.

[/quote']

Guilty! Cry But will get a program for next year from Jaco so I can start to cycle properly and not fsck around like I am at the moment Shocked

Wannebepro ? it?s not a mind set ? go watch wire to win?..the mind is a complicated network, every time you train you connect different parts of the ?network? almost manipulating the brain that you actually have talent to ride your bike?. <?:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

Wannebepro ? it?s not a mind set ? go watch wire to win?..the mind is a complicated network' date=' every time you train you connect different parts of the ?network? almost manipulating the brain that you actually have talent to ride your bike?.[/quote']

Did watch the movie VET PENS. I dont really get your point, coz what you are saying actually proves my point?????   smiley5.gif

It really is such a complicated thing. So many variables tweak how you perform. You can train and eat and rest like the best cyclist in the world, but what makes you the winner? You then have to look at the networks in your life, your support structures, what/who builds you up what drags you down. When you are on that startline the state of your networks plays a huge role on your performance that day. Also I think there is a lot to be said for who is the hungriest for the win. Your mind can take your body a lot further if you really want it.

MMM ? ja maybe, sorry!! Just one thing ? motivation in the brain is a bit small for mental toughness?<?:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

oh ja, mental toughness for sure that's part of it. You have to be so hard, selfish and arrogant to win. at least from the time you line up at the start t othe time you collapse off your bike!

ja man okay, moet nou nie so tegnies raak nie smiley9.gif , my punt is net dat hoeveel uithouvermo? jy het en hoeveel pyn jy kan vat maak 'n groot verskil. Talking out of my own experience,switching from road to mtb,ive learned to "byt vas" so so so SOOOO MUCH MORE!

It is a mind game.....Lance giving Ullrich that "look" before attacking on that climb, has obviously done some damage to ullrich, or am i wrong?

If looks could kill, became a reality for Ulrich<?:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

"LA: I am going to be completely honest. There?s been a lot of

thought and discussion about ?The Look.? And the absolute truth is that

I was not looking at Jan Ulrich."

So to summarize....the fact that I have no natural talent, hardly ever train and have the mental toughness of a doormat might be influencing my performance on the bike???  Whoda thunk it.