Crit at the dome tonight

Russian

Russian, and everybody... as a curious person, how big do you want the crit to be (people wise) ?

Russian, pm me your cell number, or has anybody else got his details?

Pocketbikes2008-10-01 03:03:38

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

...sinuses however are shot today....

There is something very unfreindly in the air at the Dome' date=' every Crit to date I've been on Sinumax and antihistamines for 2 or 3 days after wards. Normally start sneezing by the time I get home.

[/quote']

You're supposed to take 5 sudafeds before the race, not afterwards. How else do you expect to get an authentic pre-race shiver going ?

...sinuses however are shot today....

There is something very unfreindly in the air at the Dome' date=' every Crit to date I've been on Sinumax and antihistamines for 2 or 3 days after wards. Normally start sneezing by the time I get home.

[/quote']

That's interesting, Sonic always has difficulty breathing at the Crit too.

Is this related to that other dude who is allergic to beer? You okes should only start drinking after the race...

Russian' date=' and everybody... as a curios person, how big do you want the crit to be (people wise) ?

Russian, pm me your cell number, or has anybody else got his details?
[/quote']

Northcliff Cycles Tel 011 476 9959

Curios person? Do you sell trinkets at the robots?

... it might pay more than what I am getting nowLOL

Thanx IanJ

Pocketbikes2008-10-01 03:05:11

And as soon as my new lung I ordered from Dr Fue...  I'll also be a lot better.

Do you have contact details for this Doc., I could also do with a new set of lungs,heart and legs... I'll take the same model as the one's that kept lapping me.OuchOuch

Do you have contact details for this Doc.' date=' I could also do with a new set of lungs,heart and legs... I'll take the same model as the one's that kept lapping me.OuchOuch
[/quote']

Add my name to that waiting list. I specifically want the same model components as Alex is using Big%20smile

Do you have contact details for this Doc.' date=' I could also do with a new set of lungs,heart and legs... I'll take the same model as the one's that kept lapping me.OuchOuch
[/quote']

Add my name to that waiting list. I specifically want the same model components as Alex is using Big%20smile

me too!!!!!!

I also suffered with breathing and sinusses last week, not as bad this week. Don't think it's specific to the Dome though Wink If it would just rain we would all feel better, really thought Sunday was the day but NOT, then this morning it looked promising again but NOT, Let's hope for this weekend!!!

You guys in the Cape seem to have the opposite problem at the moment from what I saw on the news! Ouch

But hey I didn't come last again last night and my average speed went up by 2km's/hr from last week, so I'm happy! Thanks to everyone for making this such a nice event, I have to make up things at work to leave early every Tuesday but it's worth it!

So can we all now embarrass ourselves and post our average speeds from last night ?

Alex, good on you for starting up this nite racing Crit.....   wishing you all the best of luck. (Havent read through all postings, but sounds awesome)

Regards

Sharon & Midge

Killarney Nite Series.. (Cape)

For a Crit in a car park, I'm enjoying the cource. It's technical with a slight climb that drops the speed and then the corners wich are taking some time to master.

20081001_133459_Cyclingcrit2_20.jpg

But it is this bottom corner (the one that smells like burn't brake blocks) that I think most are battling to master. I just can't find the apex or correct line into it , and have had to "chicken out" a few times (5/31 laps) . . I'm going into this corner at an average of 45km/h

20081001_134309_Cyclingcrit1_20.jpg

The Thug: My average speed for the cource is 33.6Km/h with the two neutral laps (probably about 35Km/h racing). Would love to know what the winning average was.

Brokespoke what place did you come at the crit yesterday?

I get way too scared to take that corner at very high speed.  I noticed that when I come out of the corner at a speed higher than 43km/h my rear wheel bounces up as I go over the grilling and slips a bit from under me.

I did laugh at the comment of burnt brake pads, I could smell it strong aswell.

Not to sure, you kind of lose count when Alex and the Konica youngster(sorry name?) lap you for the third time. Thought I had 10th in the bag.

I'm battling to keep that back wheel on the tar as well, and I'm gradualy filing my 172 cranks down to 171.8 on each corner.Big%20smile

I heard a couple of pedals/shoes clip the ground yesterday. My heart rate increases every time I hear it. I always wonder if the shock is worse for me or for the riderShocked

Are you guys ever going to run the track in reverse? There are 5 rights and one left corner. We race (pocketbikes) a few of our tracks normal and in reverse to keep things fair (some guys like left hand corners and some right). This also allows us wear both sides of the tyre without having to rotate the tyre on the rim.

Pocketbikes2008-10-01 15:15:10