Accident at Cycle lab

zeepee

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Wishing you a speedy recovery Ben , Holding thumbs for the rescue of the other eye. Thanks Ali for keeping us informed.

Ben will need a prosthesis etc etc' date=' probably going to be quite a financial burden - maybe a fund can be set up through CycleEvents for people to donate some money?

[/quote']

I'll contribute.

Interesting that an injury to one eye can result in the loss of the other eye. Known as "sympathetic ophthalmitis". Quite rare though. I'm sure that Ben's in the best possible hands but if there is anything I can do to help let me know.

I don't know Ben and haven't had the pleasure of meeting him, but he souinds like a great guy. Good luck Ben and I hope you have a speedy recovery.

HIJACK.... There are tools on the market for tightening and cutting off cable ties. In an LBS it would be an invaluable tool as far as safety goes and also time saving. They are available through most electrical wholesalers.

HIJACK off
Speed Devil2008-10-10 06:15:02

Get well Ben. Very sorry to hear about your accident. My dad lost an eye when he was younger. Didn't hold him back one bit.....!

Does someone know if a trust fund , bank account has been opened for any financial donations.

Will mail Andrew to find out

its a terrible thing to happen to anyone.

all the best Ben.

but surely the employer should be registered at workmens compensation and the fund will pay medical expenses and he will be compensated for loss of eye.

if not employer are responsible if employee gets injured whilst on duty.

loss of eye also falls under loss of limb and legally this must be reported to  the Chief Inspector at Labour Dept for investigation.

and please and not bashing anybody, just stating IOD laws

its a terrible thing to happen to anyone.

all the best Ben.

but surely the employer should be registered at workmens compensation and the fund will pay medical expenses and he will be compensated for loss of eye.

if not employer are responsible if employee gets injured whilst on duty.

loss of eye also falls under loss of limb and legally this must be reported to  the Chief Inspector at Labour Dept for investigation.

and please and not bashing anybody' date=' just stating IOD laws

[/quote']

Sure, there will be workmans compensation - but i'd be willing to bet that it wouldn't cover all the impacts that this would have on Ben's life - like any insurance - it would cover the basic need, but anything over and above would become the financial burden of Ben and his support structure (be that Andrew, Cyclelab, or whoever).

Shame man! I used to train quite a bit with Ben. He will be in my prayers and I will definitely donate money towards getting Ben a new eye. Wont be the same thing but will make him feel better.

Does someone know if a trust fund ' date=' bank account has been opened for any financial donations.

Will mail Andrew to find out
[/quote']

will you keep us updated Samma?