Fatty goes climbing (thanks CWC!!)

CVANC

Fatty's new climbing machine:

20061206_112551_06-12-06_1838.jpg

thanks for the upload CVANC.. (I'm doing this post from home on gprs)

Thanks to Icycling for the frame / wheels, and CWC for everything else!!

58cm Van Tuyl VT740 Alu frame with carbon rear

Spinergy Stealth PBO wheels

Campagnolo Chorus 2006

Token carbon crank (CWC upgraded this for me, for NO EXTRA CHARGE!!!)

SLR XP Saddle

KCNC seatpost

Ritchey WCS handlebar and seatpost

No pedals and bottlecages yet, those will come in the week. It's also not been setup perfectly, hence the spacers on the fork. So far it's around 7.9kg's with the heavy wheels. I have lighter wheels as well LOL

Thanks again CWC and Icycling!!

Naaaisss Fatty!!! Very nice!!!Thumbs%20Up

Shame, kry die arme ouens jammer wat nou teen/saam met jou moet ry.Wink

Naaaisss Fatty!!! Very nice!!!Thumbs%20Up

Shame' date=' kry die arme ouens jammer wat nou teen/saam met jou moet ry.Wink
[/quote']

Couldn't agree more - I'm so glad EL gets a 2-minute head start Confused

Thanks nellie...so far it's over 1.5 kg's lighter than the Litespeed, but I know it won't be as stiff, so I'm keeping old faithfull for Killarney and flatter races...some girl helped decide on the handlebar tape colour WinkLOL

The white looks cool...but i would never be able to ride with anything except black. Had red tape on my Trek and somehow it always managed to end up black after a week or twoEmbarrassed

Maar daardie groupset..... DIT IS SOOOOOOOO ONGELOOFLIK MOOI!!!CryCry (ja okay, weet mens mag nie begeer nie, maar ek kan dit regtig nie help nieEmbarrassed)

Fatty, how much was the whole story?

You could have gone for a Cannondale and had the same wheight and lekker strong.

Nice!

You're looking for trouble with the stem. The general rule (so I've been told by those who know) is that you shouldn't have more than 25mm of steerer between the stem and headset. And with your big strong arms I'd feel safer if it was less. Otherwise you might hear a nasty carbon failure when you least expect it, like in a sprint Ouch

Why don't you flip the stem and remove a spacer.

And then all that left-over steerer tube above the stem... is that to chew on when you're in the gutter?? Wink

Nice!

You're looking for trouble with the stem. The general rule (so I've been told by those who know) is that you shouldn't have more than 25mm of steerer between the stem and headset. And with your big strong arms I'd feel safer if it was less. Otherwise you might hear a nasty carbon failure when you least expect it' date=' like in a sprint Ouch

Why don't you flip the stem and remove a spacer.

And then all that left-over steerer tube above the stem... is that to chew on when you're in the gutter?? Wink
[/quote']

I've read that you can go with +/-  3 cm on a 1.1/8" steerer tube - Basically as high as it is wide is my understanding.

Yes, I couldn't afford another titanium frameConfused, and I'm keeping the Litespeed anyway Thumbs%20Up

Once I have the bottlecages and pedals, I'll take it for a ride and do the setup. I suspect I might move it down two spacers, and then have the shop cut the steerer tube. As for the total cost...erm...ja...maybe not a Litespeed or 'dale, but not cheap either...Confused (even though I made sure I got the absolute best bargain from CWC!!) How he made a profit from me I don't know...LOL

I've read that you can go with +/-  3 cm on a 1.1/8" steerer tube - Basically as high as it is wide is my understanding.

Ok, did some more research on this...

A lot of fork manufacturers had no info on this on their websites, but Fuji and Alpha Q both recommended a limit of 40mm of spacers below the stem.

Nice fatty, very NICE!!!!!!

I dig it!, now wheres my one???? Wink

Is that campy Record I detect, u lucky bugger

Cool beast, ur gonna be hard to beat next year on that steed Wink